Probably getting out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Probably getting out

I am 45 years old and have been shooting traditional since i was 16 year old. I first bought a Hoyt takedown, all I could afford and I think the only recurve that the shop had that I went to back then.

I did everything with that bow from bow fishing to take several animals with it. I then moved up and purchases several others, from no names, Martin's, and even Sarrels.

I have realized that i just don't shoot much anymore nor do i hunt. I have had a lease for the past 11 years and have only hunted once during that time. I'm the lease's favorite type of hunter. I pay and don't ever go. I even purchased a new target not too long ago thinking that would push me to get in the backyard but it just sits there.

In the near future I think that I am going to slowly sell off what I have and exit this cool sport. I've realized that I enjoy it but I enjoy fishing more and just don't have time to do both.

My worse fear! Hope the fire burns hot till the day i leave this earth! Hate hearing that

Comment

Time is the most precious commodity. Good luck with the fishing!

Comment

It’s tough sometimes to do it all. I find myself in the same position. Just don’t have the time for everything. I love to fish as well. Traveled all over the gulf coast fishing redfish tourneys for 10 years. Life got busy and i sold my boat and hardly fish anymore. You should probably keep one bow setup. You never know when that bug may bite you again. Good luck.

Comment

Yeah. I wish i could do it all. I could definitely hunt more if I didn't have a job but that would be counter productive if i can't afford to hunt....lol.

Right now I have things just sitting hanging on a wall and i think that I have realized that I probably will not use them again. I sucks because I really do enjoy them, or really I can say it isn't the bows themselves but more the act of going along with the preparation and the time after the hunts.

Comment

For every thing there is a season.

Comment

i'd hold off on getting rid of stuff...
              things change. ya never know..
              what life has for ya in the days tocome

Comment

Originally posted by alwaysinshorts View Post
                I am 45 years old and have been shooting traditional since i was 16 year old. I first bought a Hoyt takedown, all I could afford and I think the only recurve that the shop had that I went to back then.

I did everything with that bow from bow fishing to take several animals with it. I then moved up and purchases several others, from no names, Martin's, and even Sarrels.

I have realized that i just don't shoot much anymore nor do i hunt. I have had a lease for the past 11 years and have only hunted once during that time. I'm the lease's favorite type of hunter. I pay and don't ever go. I even purchased a new target not too long ago thinking that would push me to get in the backyard but it just sits there.

In the near future I think that I am going to slowly sell off what I have and exit this cool sport. I've realized that I enjoy it but I enjoy fishing more and just don't have time to do both.
                I had the burn out and stepped back from hunting in 2010 until about 2015. I stepped back from it for a variety of reasons. In 2015 I got back into hunting ang going strong since to s certain extent. Taking a break from it was beneficial for me big time. Give it time the ol flicker may come back.

Comment

I would keep a few things just in case or things that have good memories attached

Sounds like the right decision for you though

Comment

So ah, where's your lease at?

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                      So ah, where's your lease at?
                      Haha, legendary.

Always - I understand where you're coming from. I'm a little jealous of your trad experience, but I truly do understand the pull of fishing. Hopefully you get a lot of mileage out of it.

Comment

I have the same issue, really enjoy hunting but the last couple of years I've found myself on the water more and more.... a wise man once said there isn't fences in fishing

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

It is hard to do it all. I am going the opposite direction. Shooting more now than I have in years and look forward to it every day. Selling my bass boat now. That is something I thought I would never do.

Comment

Originally posted by LiftAndShoot View Post
                            Haha, legendary.

Always - I understand where you're coming from. I'm a little jealous of your trad experience, but I truly do understand the pull of fishing. Hopefully you get a lot of mileage out of it.
                            I was just being a smart a--. I have all the lease I can afford this year.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 76aggie View Post
                              It is hard to do it all. I am going the opposite direction. Shooting more now than I have in years and look forward to it every day. Selling my bass boat now. That is something I thought I would never do.
                              I went that way already. Sold the bass boat and kept the kayak. I would much rather be at the ranch or lease.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X