No announcement yet.

Google Translate ----- Boom----

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fruit flies like bananas is an attraction because its food. Time is like an arrow is a simile.

Como es...como...

Youre welcome Juanito de Peligroso.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
      Johnny, you okay? Knock knock. Anybody home?

Did you mean a banana or bandanna?
      Stupid spell check...............

Comment

I just threw a bandana. It went like 4'. Thanks for the physics lesson!

I think I'll stick to the tortilla toss in next year's Redneck Games.

Comment

This thread has me sweating like a Nun in a cucumber patch

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
            Stupid spell check...............
            Originally posted by Rem40x View Post
            That's a new one on me. And it's funny as hail

Comment

D. All of the above.

Comment

Oh man! Lord, it's a coincidence that I busted out laughing when I read this

Comment

LOL!! This is the only response from anyone that I understood!

Comment

Good stuff. As noted, "bandanna" was a typo.

I've always heard the phrase as: "Time flies like the wind; but fruit flies like bananas."

The intended quote was: "Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana."

A little digging shows that, while some attribute the quote to Groucho Marx, it's more likely to have been coined by a researcher in artificial intelligence named Anthony Oettinger. He was apparently trying to challenge a computer to comprehend words in context that may be used as both a noun and a verb.

Comment

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
                      Good stuff. As noted, "bandanna" was a typo.

I've always heard the phrase as: "Time flies like the wind; but fruit flies like bananas."

The intended quote was: "Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana."

A little digging shows that, while some attribute the quote to Groucho Marx, it's more likely to have been coined by a researcher in artificial intelligence named Anthony Oettinger. He was apparently trying to challenge a computer to comprehend words in context that may be used as both a noun and a verb.

Thanks! I’ve often wondered who coined that phrase. I always thought it was Hoagy Carmichael.

Comment

Originally posted by coachk View Post
                        I'm a Spanish teacher (English is my native language...dad is German, mom is Italian) and its WAAAYYYY easier for someone to learn Spanish than English! Well, not easy by any means, but easiER!! I'd hate to have to try and learn English as a second language with all the rules, contradictions, and idioms!!! Right on up there w Mandarin Chinese!!haha

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                        And it sure doesn’t help foreigners when they see a last name such as, Favre. Somehow the “r” gets pronounced ahead of the “v”.

The future tense and other tense verb endings in Spanish are what I never mastered. Then much later after being around folks from all over South America, it appears that lots of what we were taught is not exactly universal nor always applied the same.

Comment

Stealing this.... awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Worksalot View Post
                            And it sure doesn’t help foreigners when they see a last name such as, Favre. Somehow the “r” gets pronounced ahead of the “v”.

The future tense and other tense verb endings in Spanish are what I never mastered. Then much later after being around folks from all over South America, it appears that lots of what we were taught is not exactly universal nor always applied the same.
                            There's different dialects for sure, just like we have different nes in English. What is taught in school is more Castillian Spanish (proper) from Spain... we need to be teaching tex-mex

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                            X