Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ever blown away at a concert (by the music?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A band most of y’all probably haven’t heard of called Taking Back Sunday. I saw them in a dive bar in Dallas before they became really popular in the alt-rock scene. That might be the best concert I’ve ever been to.

Comment

Not exactly a concert but I had the chance to go to the final dress rehersal for the opera Carmen at the Wortham Center in Houston. Had no idea who Denise Graves was but that women can project her voice like no one I've ever seen or heard before or since. A friend had 2 extra tickets for a regular performance and she was as good if not better than the first time. Truly was amazing and I am not an fan of opera.

Comment

Vince Gill back in the day. Sold out Billy Bobs the entire place not just the concert area. He had the whole place mesmerized.

Comment

YES, at the woodlands, they are artists and incredible musicians!

Comment

Went to a Three Days Grace, Breaki g Benjamin and Seether show. A band that wasn't even advertised on the bill, Red, opened up the show. They put on a great show and we've been fans ever since.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Smithwr View Post
              Yea. About 10 years ago in a little dive bar in Mineral Wells, they were playing for tips so no cover and there was about 7 people in there.

Cody Jinks
              Back in '79, me and some friends were in San Marcos. We were eating dinner in a little hole in the wall joint and there was a guy playing for tips. He was OK.

George Strait

Comment

I was voluntold to go to a Big and Rich concert and some lady hip hop singer while I was 29 palms and on Pendleton. I was blow away by how absolutely terrible they both were.

Comment

I saw The Protomen in Austin last summer, one of the opening acts was a local lady named Amanda Lepre. I had never heard of her before, she played some instrumental metal covers of video game music (yeah I know sounds dorky but it was good).

Her and her whole band were super talented, then she started singing.... HOLY CRAP... her voice is AMAZING!!!

Comment

He is such an awesome song writer.
                    Love me some Cody Jinks
                    Originally posted by Smithwr View Post
                    Yea. About 10 years ago in a little dive bar in Mineral Wells, they were playing for tips so no cover and there was about 7 people in there.

Cody Jinks
                    Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Comment

Elton John-Million Dollar Piano May 2018

Caught his last show at Caesars, he went all out.

Wife booked it for my birthday, wasn't sure what to expect and he was phenomenal.

Comment

Lyle Lovett, didn't really care for him... Saw him in the woodlands with his "Big Band". 22 person band. They were incredible!!

Comment

Originally posted by GARR View Post
                          Cody Jinks at Gruene Hall 5 or 6 years ago. Had heard some of his music, but unlike a lot of singers, he is way better live. Seen him a whole lot of times since that night.

In April, we caught The Steel Woods in Luckenbach, and we were quite impressed! If you haven't heard of them, look em up.
                          Man I really wish we could have seen Cody at Gruene Hall.. I know that had to be a great show.. He has outgrown that venue now..

Comment

joe bonamassa - that guy can play!

Comment

SRV at The Crossroads in Nac. Wow is all I can say.

Comment

I've been lucky to attend a lot of the big shows with the well known guys but that's not what this thread is about.

Speaking of unknowns to me, I'd say Jake Bugg who opened for the Black Keys really surprised me.

He's a little nasal with his vocals and he has the UK accent but the kid is loaded with talent. Great live show. I'd really like to see him in a smaller venue but I think he's past that. He's slow to catch on in the USA but he's huge in England. He's an edgier Ed Sheeran.

Comment

Working...
                                X