Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you call it? Ranch or Lease/Deer Lease.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like Heath...I sometimes struggle to call my little 100-acre place out in the Hill Country a "ranch" so I typically use the term..."Ranchette"

Comment

I call it The Ranch, as its been in the family forever. My wife calls it the desert. The Lease is the portion of the ranch that is leased for hunting.

Comment

We lease a big ranch is west Texas. Sometimes it’s referred to as the lease, some times we refer to it by its proper name “ATA West” and sometimes it’s referred to as the ranch.

It’s all the same place and no one bats an eye about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I say "I'm headed to the ranch", as we lease the rights to All the deer on it.
          But, our ranch owners agrees and tells us it is ours to do with as we please.
          As it should be, IMHO.
          Of course, we are not allowed to shoot the cows.

Comment

Ranch

We have a 550 acre ranch. My wife went to canton and all the decorations on said farm
            Joanna's farm that they have. Everything was farmhouse farm Thai and farm that and nothing with the word ranch.

Comment

I bought 640 acres last year and still find myself calling it "the lease" a lot because I was in a habit of saying "I'm going to the lease" whenever I was heading to hunt or work on the hunting property.

Comment

"the 180". That's the size of the property.

Comment

Deer lease!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                    Having a ranch and a lease it's funny to have friends ask which one I mean. When I say lease I mean the lease. When I say ranch I mean our place. I guess it's just confusing for some.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Same here but in my case it’s a Ranchito! Less than 100ac

Comment

Fortunate enough to hunt several 'ranches' and occasionally go to my buddy's lease (down the road from his ranch )

Comment

I have called them many names and don't care what you call your's...

Comment

My friends place.

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin' Darts View Post
                            I bought 640 acres last year and still find myself calling it "the lease" a lot because I was in a habit of saying "I'm going to the lease" whenever I was heading to hunt or work on the hunting property.
                            Same here after we bought our place. Wife would ask, where you heading this weekend? I would say to the lease. Then I would catch myself and say the ranch or property. Took awhile to get over saying lease.

Comment

We just say "I'm heading on" - everybody knows the deal...

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                                We lease a big ranch is west Texas. Sometimes it’s referred to as the lease, some times we refer to it by its proper name “ATA West” and sometimes it’s referred to as the ranch.

It’s all the same place and no one bats an eye about it.

I was there about 7 years ago as a guest. Iraan...right? Were there not two camps at one time? A North camp and south one?
                                That my man is a Ranch. 65,000acres . The largest place I have ever hunted. We drove for like 45 mins just to get to our turkey spot from camp!
                                Magical to just walk it. Saw tons of Mulies and Whitetail. You hunt a heck of lease.

Comment

Working...
                                X