Longer Draw Lengths

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Longer Draw Lengths

I don't have all of the info, but I am trying to steer a buddy in the right direction. He is wanting to get into bowhunting. He is 6'8"...and built like he is 6'8"...his finger tips touch his knees almost...LOL.

Anyway, he was at Bass Pro the other day looking at bows and the best they could offer was a 32" draw length, which he said, felt as though he were drawing a kids bow. No one checked his draw length while he was there. Any recommendations on manufacturers that cater to longer draw lengths?

Hoyt Double XL
    PSE Beast

Comment

I'm 6'7”.
      I shoot a Moxie Moxie.

Here's one I was looking at before I got mine.
      They was others but I can't recall there names right now.

Bowtech Insanity CPXL.

Another thing I'd recomnend would be to stick with a longer axle to axle bow.

That will help lessen the string angle and he can use the string as a reference point on his nose.

Comment

Other things to consider are a longer D loop and adjusting the release to gain length

Comment

I have the cpxl and am 6'3 and have alot more adjustment left. Love the bow

Comment

Darton.

I pull 32.5” but draw comfortably a 32” Darton 3800. I havent researched in a while but if I recall correctly their 3700 went to 33”. Those models have likely passed and newer ones taken their place.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
              Hoyt Double XL
              PSE Beast
              I have both of these bows.... much prefer the Hoyt Double XL.

With that said, I have a PSE Beast I'd be willing to sell. Nothing wrong with it, I just prefer the Hoyt.

Comment

Thanks everyone for the input. I passed it along.

Comment

Bow tech boss is 32” I shoot 31.5 on mine and like that it is adjustable without a press.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The beast and double xl seem to be the most popular for long draw guys. I have a beast I’m happy with.

D

Comment

I shoot a Mathews MR8, with a 33” draw. Very nice shooting bow, I believe they now make several with long DL’s.

Comment

Since he’s new and you’re not a long draw guy, I’ll add that he needs to watch the axle to axle length. There are a number of bows that are short axle-to-axle bows that go to longer draw lengths. I would not recommend them to someone that is new. It’s easier to feel comfortable with shooting well with a longer bow if you have a longer draw length. If he felt like he was behind a kids bow. It may be because it was a short bow with a long draw length. The beast and double xl are long enough to be comfortable for a long draw guy without being too long and a pain to lug around in the woods.

D

Comment

Working...
                        X