Should’ve just stayed in bed...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should’ve just stayed in bed...

It’s a really long to story, and I won’t go into full detail, but like the title says....

I’m a commercial construction superintendent, and I inherited a punch list a couple of weeks ago that was supposed to have been done in November. (Again long story).

This is a pretty nice office, directly across from the capitol building downtown Austin. Obviously the clients aren’t happy because of this punch list taking forever, which is why I inherited it. Well I met my painter down here this morning for the last thing on the list, painting some door jambs.... first thing out of the gate he drops a brand new quart of metallic silver paint on the carpet!

Should’ve just stayed in bed

....****.....

Comment

Man I feel your pain. I too am a Commercial Superintendent. We only work I A class building. When something goes wrong. Well you know stay in bed.. is it carpet squares by chance?

Comment

Oh Man! When it rains it pours.
        Best of luck buddy

Comment

Originally posted by Boss Buck View Post
          Man I feel your pain. I too am a Commercial Superintendent. We only work I A class building. When something goes wrong. Well you know stay in bed.. is it CARPET SQUARES by chance?
          I'm sure he wishes.
          hold your head up. I bet the day only gets better.

Comment

Floor now matches the door jamb.

Squares would be nice.

Comment

Holy smokes you're not my coworker are you lol??! I'm a commercial super as well working next to the capitol at Dell Seton. We were brought on to help clean up big punch items from the original GC. Really fun when it's an operational hospital. You have to build containment walls around everything you do lol.

Hang in there. Punch items are not always fun haha

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Texifornia View Post
                I'm sure he wishes.
                hold your head up. I bet the day only gets better.
                You’re right I do wish! No squares and this carpet is probably discontinued!

On a better note, I think I’ve got it clean, we shall see when it dries... now I’ll jist to listen to the complaining about the smell for the next week

Comment

Originally posted by klooney View Post
                  It’s a really long to story, and I won’t go into full detail, but like the title says....

I’m a commercial construction superintendent, and I inherited a punch list a couple of weeks ago that was supposed to have been done in November. (Again long story).

This is a pretty nice office, directly across from the capitol building downtown Austin. Obviously the clients aren’t happy because of this punch list taking forever, which is why I inherited it. Well I met my painter down here this morning for the last thing on the list, painting some door jambs.... first thing out of the gate he drops a brand new quart of metallic silver paint on the carpet!

Should’ve just stayed in bed
                  Wouldn't that be on the sub?

Comment

Originally posted by Artemiz View Post
                    Wouldn't that be on the sub?
                    It absolutely is, but I have to be done with this job by Monday morning, so any hiccups has the potential to screw me

Comment

Originally posted by klooney View Post
                      It absolutely is, but I have to be done with this job by Monday morning, so any hiccups has the potential to screw me
                      So in situations like this does it come out of the GC contingency and then you guys have to make the claim against the sub or does it come directly from the sub?

I'm a CRE investment adviser but still learning development deals and the construction side of things.

Comment

Originally posted by Artemiz View Post
                        So in situations like this does it come out of the GC contingency and then you guys have to make the claim against the sub or does it come directly from the sub?

I'm a CRE investment adviser but still learning development deals and the construction side of things.
                        IN this case being on the tight schedule I’m on, hopefully the cleaning we did suffices. If it doesn’t, the painter will be charged to either a: get it cleaned to the satisfaction of the building owner, or b: have to replace the carpet.

It’s stuff like this is why we as the GC withhold 10% of the painters contract, to make sure they finish, or when they screw something up.

Comment

Lol!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Mine ain’t that bad. Got home from a wedding at 2 got up at 4 and went to work .

Comment

Sorry to read this. Hope the cleaning worked.

Comment

Working...
                              X