No announcement yet.

Puppy having seizures.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our Boxer started having seizures, they kept getting closer and closer together until he just couldn't stop ticking and we had to have him put to sleep. Bad deal all around. I cried like a baby!

Comment

My mini Cockapoo has epilepsy. He takes Phenobaritol twice a day, which lessened the frequency.

When I moved to Colorado, I started him on CBD Oil. He very rarely has any seizures now. Maybe 2 or 3 a year.

Phenbarb does good. CBD Oil does excellent.

He weighs 16 pounds and I give him 4 drops morning and evening on a Bacon Little. he likes the treat enough he doesn't mind the CBD taste.

Comment

What does the vet say?

Comment

Did you switch dog food brands recently?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by breederbuck33 View Post
            Our Boxer started having seizures, they kept getting closer and closer together until he just couldn't stop ticking and we had to have him put to sleep. Bad deal all around. I cried like a baby!

This is exactly what happened to my catahoula about a month ago. It was horrible to watch. He was a great tracking dog. Sure miss him

Comment

I have a 3 year old border collie/aussie sheppard mix. He started having seizures about 1 year ago. If he gets startled from a deep sleep he will have one or if he gets too hot in the summer. When it happens he drools, poops and stares off into space for about 10 minutes.

Comment

I will offer a little hope. My little 16 year old mutt rescue has a seizure every once in a while and has for 16 years. They used to happen much more often. Took him to A&M, gulf coast, and my regular vet. They weren't super severe and they basically said roll with it. So... That's what we do. I take him for McDonalds cheese burgers each time it happens. Maybe that's what's helping.

Comment

Mini Aussie
                  A friend had one, it suffered from epilepsy and before they got it under control would have severe seizures regularly.

The dog lived to be ten but took the medication daily.

Comment

Lab seizures

My lab had several as a pup and turned out that they were only during development and he never had another as an adult.

Comment

My wife's' Maltese was having them. Vet but her on low dose of phenobarbital twice a day, almost completely stopped them. Down to maybe 1 a year and the dog is 15 years old been on the phenobarbital 10+ years

Comment

Working...
                      X