Recommendations for glassing tripod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommendations for glassing tripod

I need some input for a tripod that will serve dual purpose for binoculars but can also handle the weight of a spotting scope without bouncing around.

Anyone have any experience with one that they could recommend?

I'll be using it mostly for hunting here in Texas, but also need it to be capable of coming with me when I go on hunts out west (Colorado, etc).

Leupold carbon tripod if you want to drop the coin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Leupold carbon fiber tripod if you want to drop the coin on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

want to use it standing up?
        I have the vortex high country
        you can't use it standing up thou

Comment

Originally posted by Green Arrow View Post
          want to use it standing up?
          I have the vortex high country
          you can't use it standing up thou
          you ever have any issues with the field of vision bouncing with that high country? I like that it's light, but at only 2lbs wondering how it holds up if you have any wind at all too. I think my binocs are right at 2lbs alone too.

Comment

I use my trigger sticks... I have the long and short versions (bipods), but they make the same thing in a tripod and they have a standard 1/4-20 thread on the head. I've used my Leupold spotting scope with the short one and it is pretty stable. The tall version is OK too, but not as stable when you try to use it while standing... but it is tall enough to do so if you want. I'd think it would be just fine for bino work tho.

Comment

Manfrotto. Get a fluid head. That's what we have used for years out west In a lot of states! I use them on my spotter and swaro 15's

Comment

Thanks all. After looking up a lot of what you recommended I ended up going with the Manfrotto. Thanks Calihunter1 for that one.

Comment

Originally posted by katy_oilman View Post
                  Thanks all. After looking up a lot of what you recommended I ended up going with the Manfrotto. Thanks Calihunter1 for that one.
                  No problem best of luck!!

Comment

I use my bog pod hd shooting sticks with the camera attachment. it holds my leupold spotting scope very well. and swap out the camera attachment with a shooting rest and the purpose changes. as much stuff as I carry, its nice to have 1 item with more than 1 purpose.

Comment

Working...
                    X