No announcement yet.

SHNF 17-18 ( the real deal)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prayers for you and yours HF. If I can help in any way let me know. I'll send lawyers, guns and money if necessary.

Comment

Cool pics indeed FH. It won't be here soon enough for me.

Comment

Thanks Kevin and Damian I hope things work out for the best for you brother.

Comment

Originally posted by AJMag View Post
          Better pray those cameras are still there. IF.... i set one out, it gets a week tops. My pockets aren't deep enough to gamble. And i wish bucks found right now would still around. We have a nice 10 running around dad's property that I'd love to drop, but know he won't be around come gun season. Bow season maybe, but on such a small area to hunt, I'd rather try to DRT him.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
          I haven't lost one yet but this is the first year Ive run more than one all summer. The way I hang them its unlikely that anyone would see them or mess with them. I've watched plenty of deer all summer and seen them in the same spot in October. Even when gun season starts they aren't going to migrate out of the county. They just go to the closest safe spot they can find.

Comment

Is this so the deer won't get lost? White streamers every five feet.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170709_165302664_HDR.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	24502004

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by gemini2759 View Post
              Is this so the deer won't get lost? White streamers every five feet.[ATTACH]862024[/ATTACH]

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
              It's kinda like roadside deer crossing signs. It just lets the deer know where they need to be walking so someone can watch out for them.

Comment

Forest service is taking comments on a hydrocarbon well off 1375 between 208 and osborne rd. Looks like it would be visible from the road. Have until around the end of July to comment on it. Hopefully this file attachment works so you can read it for yourself. We may not have much voice against the power of money in the governments eyes, but I'm not too thrilled about the location and the environmental risks. There is a creek over that way, and wonder what any spills might do not only to the forest and the creek, but lake conroe. Think it said they would build another pipeline, but not sure how long, or if it taps into an existing pipeline. How long will it be active? What will it mean for hunting/hunters in the area? etc..
                Attached Files

Comment

Very interesting Andy. I'm against it.....unless I'm the one drilling on it! Lol. That's too close to the house to pass up. But seriously, it'll take away some acreage of hunting but the spills these days are nothing like they used to be. And if the spills do happen they're usually small and usually won't even get thru the pad (made from cement stabilized dirt/rock and is several feet thick) and into native ground. I'd love to see the details about the well plan/formation they're drilling, etc.

Comment

I am not a fan. I am not one to stand in front of progress, but the SAM should be left alone in my opinion. There is so little land around Houston. This seems to open up a slippery slope.

Comment

Originally posted by hot_rod_eddie View Post
                      I am not a fan. I am not one to stand in front of progress, but the SAM should be left alone in my opinion. There is so little land around Houston. This seems to open up a slippery slope.
                      Very much agree!

Comment

Well guys I switched jobs this year and have been focusing on other things. I need October to get here soon. I won't be getting into the forest as much as years past because I have a new project. You see I just bought 60 acres in Houston County that will require some time to be invested in it. 2 cabins and a barn. Of course I will make several trips into the forest but I will still have a lot of work to do out there (between morning and evening hunts of course). After 30+ years in the Sam I may actually get something off my own land. If I do I will still be glad to share the story and pictures with ya"ll.

Comment

Originally posted by E.TX.BOWHUNTER View Post
                          Well guys I switched jobs this year and have been focusing on other things. I need October to get here soon. I won't be getting into the forest as much as years past because I have a new project. You see I just bought 60 acres in Houston County that will require some time to be invested in it. 2 cabins and a barn. Of course I will make several trips into the forest but I will still have a lot of work to do out there (between morning and evening hunts of course). After 30+ years in the Sam I may actually get something off my own land. If I do I will still be glad to share the story and pictures with ya"ll.
                          Congrats! Nothing like your own piece of ground.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Hey guys I had knee surgery can no longer climb have a 15' ladder stand if anyone is interested $50 Obo not on here a lot but I can be reached at 936-537-4808 call or text thanks

Comment

Originally posted by misson1 View Post
                              Hey guys I had knee surgery can no longer climb have a 15' ladder stand if anyone is interested $50 Obo not on here a lot but I can be reached at 936-537-4808 call or text thanks
                              Sorry to hear that man, best wishes for a quick recovery

Comment

Good morning, Ladies and Gentlemen. I haven't been on here in a while. How's everyone doing?

Comment

Working...
                                X