No announcement yet.

Recommended Dove Shotgun - $1000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the TBH classifieds right now there's a Browning Gold Hunter 3.5", and a Yildiz O/U, both 12 gauge. Both could be had for $1k. Go crazy. Get both.

Comment

Anything wrong with Benelli Montefeltro??
      Haven't seen that mentioned. I got to shoot one last year...man that thing was smooth

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
        Yep. And Brownings fit some people better while Berettas fit other people better. She needs to give him a check and let him shop.
        My point about Beretta was the fact that it can be adjusted where as the Browning and Remingtons etc. cannot.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
          My point about Beretta was the fact that it can be adjusted where as the Browning and Remingtons etc. cannot.

Pretty sure he's talking over and unders... neither of which have a shim system like the Benelli/Beretta semis.

Comment

Definitely over/unders.... Life is too short to jack with a jammomatic.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
              Yup. Chrome lined barrel, self cleaning gas chamber and it breaks down into 3 main components and weighs 7.25 lbs.

You can literally shoot this thing without cleaning for years without failure. Many who have reviewed this shotgun have mentioned this fact. It's tough to gunk it up and the reliability is extreme for an autoloader.

I have a baggy full of gaskets for my 1100 - don't need any of that with the Beretta.
              Last edited by AtTheWall; 01-25-2017, 07:42 AM.

Comment

Over and under 20 gage. The ability to have two different chokes, and thus optimise your pattern at different ranges, ups the kill percentage slightly. Swings better too.

12 gage is a duck gun. 20 gage for dove hunters that can shoot.
                Last edited by NightStalker; 01-25-2017, 07:59 AM.

Comment

Browning maxis. Love mine

Comment

Thank everyone for their comments and suggestions. I have directed her to this thread and expect it will be very helpful in her decision on how to proceed.

Comment

Originally posted by SPUD View Post
                      Anything wrong with Benelli Montefeltro??
                      Haven't seen that mentioned. I got to shoot one last year...man that thing was smooth

Honestly, about as good as it gets in a semi.

Comment

I'm not a shotgun guru by any stretch but I do know I love my Beneli Montefeltro

Comment

Working...
                        X