Oppinions- perfect sq footage for family of 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oppinions- perfect sq footage for family of 4

So i know that there are a bunch of factors, layout as much as any.. but I’m curious to hear some of your opinions on “the perfect” square footage for a family of 4.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1800-2000

Comment

I have a family of 4. Our house is 2000 sqft and is very fitting for us. We have a really cool layout in our home with jack and jill bathroom between the kids bedrooms.

Comment

About 2400.

-john

Comment

Around here, they get about 12 people in 1500sq ft.

Comment

1800-2000 is about perfect. Can go a little smaller just going to be smaller common areas which might get a little tight but doable. If I was building a home I would be building around 2000-2200

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
              I have a family of 4. Our house is 2000 sqft and is very fitting for us. We have a really cool layout in our home with jack and jill bathroom between the kids bedrooms.

Same here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a family of three now, was five but the 2 oldest girls are out on their own. 3200 sq ft for us. Had to have 3 bathrooms with all the women

Comment

I would agree with the 18-20 folks.

Comment

Our home for the last 13 years is around 3k sq.ft. with a family of 4. We could easily downsize by losing a guestroom and gameroom and be comfortable. I'd think around 2,000-2,400 would be ideal.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Sold my 1600sq ft house because it was too small and had zero place for storage. Building a 2600 sq ft house now. Will have room for me my wife and our 2 girls as well as have a guest room for friends and family to have a place to stay. Would go bigger if I could afford it.

Comment

All depends on how many mounts you have! 2 people, 2 big dogs with almost 50 mounts and 2400 sq ft and still not enough room for the mounts!

Comment

Depends on layout and usage more than anything. We have a dining room and den/study that are really not used for much other then holidays and when family is visiting. We're a family of 4 and our house is 2400 sqft. Take out those two rooms and were probably around 2100-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonH View Post
                            Our home for the last 13 years is around 3k sq.ft. with a family of 4. We could easily downsize by losing a guestroom and gameroom and be comfortable. I'd think around 2,000-2,400 would be ideal.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                            This^^ I used to sell new homes for a home builder and worked with multiple 3&4bdrm floorplans. There was a 2300 sf plan we had that i'd build with no hesitation.. it was very well laid out with an office that could be the 4th bdrm if needed. Homebuilder went under with many others back in the 2006 downhill

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

We are going from 1000 (maybe) to 1960.

Comment

Working...
                              X