ITC is on fire again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ITC is on fire again.

Linda works in Deer Park they told them to get out.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Heard they filed for bankruptcy yesterday... hope they get it under control and nobody gets hurt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

That ain’t good

Comment

It sure is. I can see the smoke all the way from my office in West Houston.

Comment

Wow! Not good.

Comment

Dang. They new the lawsuits would be coming

Comment

Kinder Morgan will buy it for pennies on the dollar. They have deep pockets

Comment

That’s what happens when they don’t let it burn out. Now they have several thousand barrels if chemicals on the ground waiting for a ignition source.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

It’s unbelievable they let these people get on the news and scare the hell out of people. Lady said the tanks were 30 years old and they only had a 20 year life expectancy and that’s what could have caused the initial fire...... She was a toxicologist. People freaking on the benzene, it’s in a whole bunch of household items, and gasoline. Naphtha is basically Coleman fuel. Yeah, it’s never good to have a situation like that, but this isn’t some sort of huge environmental disaster with detrimental and lasting negative affects.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                    It’s unbelievable they let these people get on the news and scare the hell out of people. Lady said the tanks were 30 years old and they only had a 20 year life expectancy and that’s what could have caused the initial fire...... She was a toxicologist. People freaking on the benzene, it’s in a whole bunch of household items, and gasoline. Naphtha is basically Coleman fuel. Yeah, it’s never good to have a situation like that, but this isn’t some sort of huge environmental disaster with detrimental and lasting negative affects.
                    I breathe worst stuff going down the ICW everyday

Comment

Originally posted by Leemo View Post
                      I breathe worst stuff going down the ICW everyday
                      I wish I was breathing worse stuff going down the ICW every day. Lol.

Comment

Its funny when an environmental group complains and the news crew runs out and videos a steam vent to show how much the plants are releasing into the environment.

Comment

Had a guy tell me that my 30+ years working in chemical plants meant nothing and I didn't understand chemical reaction and properties because I didn't have a PHD in chemistry. Only education equals knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by Grndchecker View Post
                            Had a guy tell me that my 30+ years working in chemical plants meant nothing and I didn't understand chemical reaction and properties because I didn't have a PHD in chemistry. Only education equals knowledge.
                            Sounds like most engineers lol. To me experience trumps book learning every time.

Comment

Originally posted by jds247 View Post
                              Sounds like most engineers lol. To me experience trumps book learning every time.
                              Some engineers I've worked with need to be reminded not to look up when it rains so they don't drown.
                              I would take a high school grad with common sense and willing to learn over a book smart know it all every time.

Comment

Working...
                              X