DIY Polaris Ranger Roof Mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DIY Polaris Ranger Roof Mod

My uncle bought a new to him 2015 570cc ranger off of TBH a month ago and we are getting it "Ranch Ready" before we take it out there.

We have to be able to stand on the roof to fill our feeders but the metal roof I found for him on craigslist (for $150) wasn't thick enough steel for us to stand on. So I added some 14 gauge plate to the inside to shore it up.

This roof also needed an extension to the front to help us hide from the sun as well as protect the new 32" LED Light bar.

It got a roof rack for securing items to.

It also needed a step on the back to help us climb on top.

I also added some 1/2" angle iron to the inside to help protect the light bar wires. I notched the inside part of the angle iron where it meets the roof to make ziptying the wires a lot easier.

Lastly it got a fresh coat of Herculiner bedliner. (the DIY Roll on kit) This stuff is awesome!!
    Attached Files

You do good work. Well done.

Comment

All done and rocker switches installed.

It was a long build but enjoyable.

This ranger got:

New tires, 2 new batteries with a dual battery connector plus battery tray, fan over ride switch, bow holder rack, new roof with a step & led lightbars, removable bumper, skidplate, and floorboards.
      Attached Files

Comment

I had one built about a year after buying my '08 Ranger for the reason stated, plus the plastic roof held water and would dump it in your lap after a rain. Not sure what braniac came up with the idea of a water bucket on the roof of an outdoor vehicle, but it wasn't good. You will enjoy that one !

My son driving, he and I filling feeders.....
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
          I had one built about a year after buying my '08 Ranger for the reason stated, plus the plastic roof held water and would dump it in your lap after a rain. Not sure what braniac came up with the idea of a water bucket on the roof of an outdoor vehicle, but it wasn't good. You will enjoy that one !

My son driving, he and I filling feeders.....
          yea The roof design is terrible. I am thinking of building one like this too.

Comment

Do they sell a fan over ride switch or did you just put in a switch? Mine drives me nuts it comes on about a minute into a drive even in close to freezing temps. It definitely isn’t over heating. Nice work on the roof. I just got this ranger a couple of months ago and need to fix the roof as it has lots of rust and peeling paint. I will definitely look into the herculiner. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by stxslayer View Post
              Do they sell a fan over ride switch or did you just put in a switch? Mine drives me nuts it comes on about a minute into a drive even in close to freezing temps. It definitely isn’t over heating. Nice work on the roof. I just got this ranger a couple of months ago and need to fix the roof as it has lots of rust and peeling paint. I will definitely look into the herculiner. Thanks
              Utv inc sell a plug and play fan over ride switch. This allows you to turn it on but not off. So when the switch is off, factory settings determine when fan kicks on.

You might have a bad thermostat, radiator cap, or low coolant.

Wanting to have control of when your radiator fan is on? The UTV INC plug & play back lit LED fan over ride kit will solve all of your needs! Simple to install, even more simple to use. Polaris Plug & play kit allows you to turn the fan ON as you wish!

Comment

Thank you I will look into those things. I always enjoy you’re projects you post.

Comment

Good job

Comment

Working...
                  X