No announcement yet.

Budget Home Build!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fantastic my wife and I have the plans drawn up for our future house plan to do it all myself also great since of satisfaction.

kronik by Diamond

Comment

I dont know what's more amazing,
      You building this house singlehandedly
      Or those cool arse chandeliers you make.

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
        I dont know what's more amazing,
        You building this house singlehandedly
        Or those cool arse chandeliers you make.
        I prefer making chandeliers! Speaking of I need to get a big one together for a member.

I'll have help raising outside walls after I get them put together. BIL said he is ready whenever I need him.

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
          Thanks. I personally like small homes. I'd rather have a small home and more land. $250k home in the city gets me 100 acres and small home in the country!
          I like the way you think!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TxKronik View Post
            Fantastic my wife and I have the plans drawn up for our future house plan to do it all myself also great since of satisfaction.

kronik by Diamond
            It definitely is. There are flaws with my current home that I would do different now. For the most part very satisfying though. Good feeling every time I come home and see. I took this pic a couple evenings ago of it.
            Attached Files

Comment

You do great work, awesome build.

Comment

Just curious and this might need its own thread, but what flaws did you discover and what would you do differently?
                It definitely is. There are flaws with my current home that I would do different now. For the most part very satisfying though. Good feeling every time I come home and see. I took this pic a couple evenings ago of it.

Comment

Originally posted by TWarren View Post
                  Just curious and this might need its own thread, but what flaws did you discover and what would you do differently?
                  Really not flaws just personal preferences. 8' ceilings all throughout. I would go 9'-10' in living, kitchen and master. I'm 6'5" and so taller ceilings would be nice. Plan to raise a couple in the next year or so after this build. Open living room and kitchen area. I've already remodeled to get the look we like. Before I just had a 5' opening from living to kitchen.

Comment

When does the Brother in Law your building this for come help??

If he is disabled sorry I missed that.

Comment

Originally posted by Stan R View Post
                      When does the Brother in Law your building this for come help??

If he is disabled sorry I missed that.
                      I won't need his help until I start framing and raising walls. Couple weeks. He has already offered but not needed yet. He isn't a lazy guy. I'm just hard headed self goaled and like working alone!

Comment

Always glue and screw those floors! Nails are guaranteed to squeak at some point!

Are you insulating the floor underneath?

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
                          Always glue and screw those floors! Nails are guaranteed to squeak at some point!

Are you insulating the floor underneath?
                          No floor insulation. Underpinning around perimeter and landscaping work great.

Comment

I'll have help raising outside walls after I get them put together. BIL said he is ready whenever I need him.
                            Yeah this will be the interesting part.
                            To see how you dry it in (walls, rafters and roof)

Comment

No floor insulation. Underpinning around perimeter and landscaping work great.
                              The one regret I have about the cabin I built is not insulating the floor. Now I'm trying different things to mitigate the mold due to condensation. Probably not a big deal if I had electricity and kept the inside climate stable.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonH View Post
                                The one regret I have about the cabin I built is not insulating the floor. Now I'm trying different things to mitigate the mold due to condensation. Probably not a big deal if I had electricity and kept the inside climate stable.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                                No issues here at all with mold or moisture. I put up cedar panels on mine. FIL has lattice on his and probably do lattice on this one. Key is ventilation!

Comment

Working...
                                X