Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Overseeding a washed out plot? Need help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Overseeding a washed out plot? Need help.

I need some help. My two plots of Turner Seed's spring/summer deer blend was in the ground for two weeks and was coming in nicely with a couple timely rains. Everything was about 1"-2" tall. Then last night came. 8" of rain in 10 hours. One plot went completely under water when a nearby creek flooded. That plot had a bunch of fast moving water running over it and was still mostly flooded when I last checked. I'm not holding out much hope for that one, but you never know. The other plot just got washed real hard, and now has some bare spots.

Can I overseed with some clover to fill in the plots? I figured with the tiny clover seed I could use my hand spreader and just go over the bald spots right before a rain. What do you guys think?

Following

Comment

If you do, I would plant some kind of annual clover. Perennials need to be planted in the fall this far south.

Comment

Anyone??

Comment

It's a bit late for clover. It wouldn't get enough of a root system before summer. I would go with either buckwheat, oats, or winter rye. All three do well with simple broadcasting, all three add good organic matter, and all three can handle browse well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I was thinking about buckwheat.

Anyone ever try alyce clover?

Comment

Working...
            X