Camera setups for still hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camera setups for still hunting

Do any of you try to video while still hunting?
    Think it's possible? Camo the tripod and camera.
    Maybe use a lipstick remote lens and keep the camera in a backpack?
    Just wondering...

I've tried a couple of times while stalking javelina with the camera on a tripod. Gotten close a few times but never quite pulled it off.

Trailboss

Comment

Ive seen some Brush Country clad fellers do oncet or twicet!
      Ultramatic Feeders

We're paratroopers, Lieutenant. We're supposed to be surrounded......

/l _ ,[____],
      l---- L-- -OlllllllO-
      ()_)--()_)---o-)_)

Comment

I've attempted it a time or two. I attempted it on a Nilgai hunt a few years ago, but my camera quit working so I gave it up. I did it on a turkey hunt and successfully got off a shot, but missed the bird. I'll see if I can find a clip somewhere. I almost got a shot at a doe last weekend, but got busted before I could shoot.

I got some great footage at the end of last season when I had a buck walk within mere feet of me before seeing me. It was exciting action. I have that clip somewhere, as well, but won't be able to post it until next week.

It will be extremely challenging to pull off, but I'm going to keep trying!

Michael
        My Flickr Photos

Comment

I keep eyeing this: http://www.samsung.com/Products/Camc...C_X210LXAA.asp even though the reviews say the video is substandard at best..

Comment

Yeah, I wanted one of those for a trip to Costa Rica earlier this year, but no fundage!
            Something from these guys would be nice too.
            http://www.bulletcam.com/helmet_Cams_products.htm
            They even have a headband holder marketed for bow hunting!

Comment

Death I cant get that one on the employee purchuse plan yet but when I can I will let you know the cost.

Comment

Working...
              X