X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nice

Comment

Originally posted by shiner78 View Post
      I like the one in back in third picture!
      He's the deer that's alone in the last pic, a nine with split right brow.

Originally posted by Gunner97 View Post
      Nice looking bucks. Sure is green there.
      Yeah, it was short lived due to some rain about a week before these pics. It's turning brown as we speak.

Comment

I made a final trip to check feeders, cameras, set up a tripod and PVC pig feeder.

Then I get rained out late afternoon and didn't get my camera back out. This will be a first, no camera between now and the opener.

Here he is a week ago. Got a good look at him at my feeder through a spotting scope about 6:30.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Slick8; 09-15-2013, 08:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post

Here he is a week ago. Got a good look at him at my feeder through a spotting scope about 6:30.
          Cool brow tines--good luck!

Comment

Great looking deer.. Just a few more weeks good luck to you.

Comment

Sweet

Comment

Nice

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
                  Here's a few pics that I found after filling my new water tote yesterday. The camera on my spin feeder went down so I only have these from the protein feeder.

Looking forward to season.

I sat at a grain bin and watched the edge of the corn field which you can just see at the far end of the tree line about 7:30. It was covered up with does and young bucks. These three bucks showed up right at dark. It was pretty cool to see them at 200 yards through the spotting scope.
                  I think that really shows the difference between us bow hunters and rifle hunters. Granted I will pick up a rifle a time or two a season for meat, Im mainly bow only.

Bowhunters find it "cool to see them from 200 yards" but thats about it... We want to get them at 15 yards!

Comment

Nice

Comment

Originally posted by The General View Post
                      I think that really shows the difference between us bow hunters and rifle hunters. Granted I will pick up a rifle a time or two a season for meat, Im mainly bow only.

Bowhunters find it "cool to see them from 200 yards" but thats about it... We want to get them at 15 yards!
                      Roger that. I've made three scouting trips to watch deer in the evening to better pinpoint where to place my tripod. This will keep me from hunting the feeder in the evenings. I now have three hand corn spots to keep me off of the feeder.

I passed my target buck twice last year a 100 yards or less with a rifle, just didn't trip my trigger to kill it with a rifle. I had one bow shot on him the last morning of season and flubbed it when the arrow made a squeak againt the launcher. I don't even plan to carry a rifle on this place expect for the rare hog or yote sighting.

Comment

Working...
                      X