6th annual W.O.R.P. TOUR IN P.O.C.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Basically this is how it works:

All of these TBH yahoos come down to POC and rent some houses to stay.

Everyone pitches in and splits lodging, groceries, fuel, and any other expenses up evenly. Meals are planned a few days in advance.

What You Need:

- Shotgun
    - Steel Shotgun Shells (I prefer Kent 3" - #2 shot) I usually will have my third shell a 3 1/2 #2.
    -Shell Bag
    - Face Mask
    - Warm Clothing/Layers
    - Waders
    - Camo
    - Snacks
    - Fishing Gear
    - Valid Texas Hunting License with Federal Duck Stamp
    - BYOB
    - ice chest

With 13-14 people y'all will need at least 3-4 boats to be comfortable and safe. More guys = more boats. All the coastal water around POC are pretty much public. I personally like to set up in the mangroves and cut out some areas with a machete where we sit on milk crates on the edge of the water. I personally would not hunt existing blinds. Especially that late in season.

Most ducks killed are redheads and pintail. Guys sometimes fish between hunts and drink some cold ones after the evening hunts.

It is always a great time with lots f BS'n and LOTS OF LAUGHS! Make sure you bring rubber boots the Sh!! Talking gets pretty deep lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Also we have the option of having all the meals catered. Would anyone be interested in that? Probably around $90-$95 per man which will cover Friday Dinner, Saturday Breakfast, Sack lunch, and Dinner, and Sunday Breakfast Buffet at a local restaurant.

Comment

Current houses reserved sleep the following:

Cabin (Open Floor Plan w/ Bathroom)
        Full over Queen Bunk
        Pull Out Couch
        Queen Bed in Loft

Barndominium
        2 1/2 bedroom/2 bathroom

Master bedroom
        2 Twins

2nd Bedroom
        Twin over Full Bunk &
        Twin Bed

1/2 Bedroom
        Twin over Twin Bunk

And living room has a nice couch.

Total sleeping between the two places in separate beds is 12 people. We have another placed reserved as well.

I think it sleep 4 guys in separate beds

Comment

Current houses reserved sleep the following:

Cabin (Open Floor Plan w/ Bathroom)
          Full over Queen Bunk
          Pull Out Couch
          Queen Bed in Loft

Barndominium
          2 1/2 bedroom/2 bathroom

Master bedroom
          2 Twins

2nd Bedroom
          Twin over Full Bunk &
          Twin Bed

1/2 Bedroom
          Twin over Twin Bunk

And living room has a nice couch.

Total sleeping between the two places in separate beds is 12 people. We have another placed reserved as well.

I think it sleep 4 guys in separate beds

Comment

Every year I say I'm going to do this and every year I don't! Maybe this is the year!!

Comment

Bill your wish might've came true. Trailer wheel just about fell off this weekend. So the axle I've been putting off replacing is going to have to be changed out. So it should make the trip down there. My boat doesn't run crazy shallow but I think it can handle down there.

With all that I'm waiting to see how this weekend goes. If I sell a bunch of custom houses I may not have the time off.

Comment

If I have boat then I'll drag down and hang out. Know the area really well.

Comment

I’m almost in enough to send my deposit- waiting to hear back with confirmation from my buddy if he can go too. If so it will be 2 of us and we will most likely need a boat ride. First, is there enough lodging? Second is there enough room on a boat for the 2 of us? I have my year old lab that I will bring unless preferred for me not to.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle19 View Post
                    Bill your wish might've came true. Trailer wheel just about fell off this weekend. So the axle I've been putting off replacing is going to have to be changed out. So it should make the trip down there. My boat doesn't run crazy shallow but I think it can handle down there.

With all that I'm waiting to see how this weekend goes. If I sell a bunch of custom houses I may not have the time off.

Sorry to hear about trailer problems, glad you are ok. I'm not sure I remember the wish but hope you get it repaired to make the trip!

Also, hope you sell a bunch of custom house and PLAN the time off in advance...

Comment

6th annual W.O.R.P. TOUR IN P.O.C.

Originally posted by em12 View Post
                      I’m almost in enough to send my deposit- waiting to hear back with confirmation from my buddy if he can go too. If so it will be 2 of us and we will most likely need a boat ride. First, is there enough lodging? Second is there enough room on a boat for the 2 of us? I have my year old lab that I will bring unless preferred for me not to.

Get with Tiny (Ben) on deposit and lodging. I am confident the group can find more lodging if necessary, as the deposits are collected and current houses are filled this can be addressed.

I know a few of the regulars on this trip and myself have boats and safe space becomes a factor in this trip. After making this event the past 3 seasons I broke down and bought a flats boat with the primary purpose of duck hunting. I think I speak for everyone when I say we encourage anyone interested in attending that has a (legal) boat they are comfortable taking into the bay to bring it, often we follow each other to areas we have had success in the past. We like for everyone to have a good time.

Regarding the lab, if it has some training and isn't going to bolt the other direction when shots are fired it is probably OK, I know people like to hunt with me (only) because they are hunting with Deuce. If it's a female make sure she isn't in heat unless you want her bred! We have had some young dogs in the past, 3 years ago nobody in the group had hunted with mine (he does have some training). The other thing to be aware of is they are not allowed in the houses so make sure you have a kennel for them, mine has a cover and I put bedding in it for him considering the temp at night. Last word of wisdom is to invest in boots for the lab and put them on so they bet used to them, there are a lot of oysters and it will tear up some pads - I learned that the hard way my first year.

I think the continued success to this event is that everyone is there with a single goal, have fun and hopefully shoot some birds while doing it!

Comment

Originally posted by Bill's Unlimited View Post
                        Get with Tiny (Ben) on deposit and lodging. I am confident the group can find more lodging if necessary, as the deposits are collected and current houses are filled this can be addressed.

I know a few of the regulars on this trip and myself have boats and safe space becomes a factor in this trip. After making this event the past 3 seasons I broke down and bought a flats boat with the primary purpose of duck hunting. I think I speak for everyone when I say we encourage anyone interested in attending that has a (legal) boat they are comfortable taking into the bay to bring it, often we follow each other to areas we have had success in the past. We like for everyone to have a good time.

Regarding the lab, if it has some training and isn't going to bolt the other direction when shots are fired it is probably OK, I know people like to hunt with me (only) because they are hunting with Deuce. If it's a female make sure she isn't in heat unless you want her bred! We have had some young dogs in the past, 3 years ago nobody in the group had hunted with mine (he does have some training). The other thing to be aware of is they are not allowed in the houses so make sure you have a kennel for them, mine has a cover and I put bedding in it for him considering the temp at night. Last word of wisdom is to invest in boots for the lab and put them on so they bet used to them, there are a lot of oysters and it will tear up some pads - I learned that the hard way my first year.

I think the continued success to this event is that everyone is there with a single goal, have fun and hopefully shoot some birds while doing it!

Sounds great on the housing, I have spoken with Tiny via pm and will get back with him.

Who has spots available on their boat right now and how many spots are available.

My pup is a male and I have worked with him since day one then sent him off for 3 months, he is young but acts right and does well so he will not be a nuisance by any means.

Thank you sir!

Comment

I know my boat can carry 4-5 guys depending on their size. Last year it was me, Bill, Paul and eagle19. Me and Bill are big Ol' boys and Paul and Eagle are average. Also had deuce and my boat did fine till the actuator failed but we made it back in.

Right now it's me and Paul in my Boat and Bill and Duece in his

Comment

Looks like I will have my rig back by then.

Comment

It’s not all about hunting, pretty good eating happens too!

Comment

Alright guys my cousin in law and I are in. I’ll send Tiny a pm to find out where to send our deposit. Would like to claim 2 spots on a boat- were both around 225ish and I’ll have my lab with me as long as the boat owner is good with that. Super excited!

Comment

Working...
                                X