Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice shooting y'all.

Comment

Thanks, y'all. I'm indebted to many of you for information and inspiration to get to this point in the "trad journey".

Comment

Congrats, looks like you had a great time. Nothing quite as much fun as a trad group hunt.

Comment

Way to seal the deal DRT! Good eatin sized pig. Curse lifted.

Comment

Originally posted by Phillip Fields View Post
            Congrats, looks like you had a great time. Nothing quite as much fun as a trad group hunt.
            I like group hunts. For years I had friends who bowhunted but we all hunted different places. I got invited to a hunt at threefingers by a guy I'd never met before and had a blast. A few weeks later those friends and I booked a hunt there. For years we would go about twice a year and have a great time.
            However the opportunity to do it with new friends, share and learn in the traditional pursuit, tell stories and enjoy that kind of fellowship is something you can't replicate any other way.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
              Way to seal the deal DRT! Good eatin sized pig. Curse lifted.
              I dunno. They gave us fits. In and out of the rams where we couldn't shoot, behind the feeder where we couldn't shoot.
              I saw more pigs at one time this weekend than I ever have. Must've been over a hundred in the pasture. I walked up on a sow nursing piglets in the dark while we we looking for Tradtiger's first one. She wouldn't get up. The piglets were all over her and I couldn't tell if she was the wounded one. I was within 5 feet when I told Ellis I didn't think she was the one and she got up and ran off leaving her piglets. That's when I snatched up Hammy.
              I guess since i had the wind and with the rain I didn't spook her til I spoke.
              Fun stuff. Caught a little boar, maybe 20 pounds, in the feed trough. Baker said he'd hold him if I cut him so Ben has a spotted bar hog running around now.

Comment

This was a fantastic hunt. The only thing I was unhappy abt was that I only took a dozen arrows. Came home with a quiver full of junk. I know this means that I must be a bad shot but it also means I shot at a LOT of pigs. I shot some of those arrows more than once.
                Gary and Ellis made the hunt Even better, never a dull moment. They kept me laughing the entire time. Great guys!
                Ben Capps, the owner, definitely knows his stuff and is as nice of a guy you would ever want to be around.
                First time I've ever been on one of these hunts as I've always had a lease but this is the only way from now on. Better hunting and cheaper in the long run.

Comment

You'll always be welcome at hunting camp with me. Good times.

Comment

Really enjoyed meeting and sharing camp with you, Ronnie. And Noah has got nothing on a man with a levee around his house! Truly brilliant!
                    Last edited by tradtiger; 05-07-2018, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Congratulations guys ! Ellis that’s is one awesome hog, decent cutters on it too , that’s what I love about hunting you just never know what’s going to pop out.

Comment

Thanks, Roger. Feel real fortunate to get an opportunity at such a beast!

Comment

Congrats all y’all. Sounds like a great time

Comment

You missed a fun one. We can put another together soon.

Comment

When??? I'm ready!
                              If you wait too long I'm going by myself!

Comment

I'm probably going end of the month or first of June. Can't wait too long to draw blood again.

Comment

Working...
                                X