How far can this go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
    What email are you subscribed to that is sending stuff like this?
    Not subscribed to anything remotely close. I have no idea how they got my email. This is the first ad like this I have received.

Comment

Give me a 130-140 8 point typical low fence that got that way off good management and I'll shoot that any day all day over one of these genetic freaks.

But as others have said to each his own....

I agree it's gotten a little out of hand.

Comment

As long as people keep paying 30-50K for one they will keep getting bigger and bigger... I have a buddy that raises a few and he's moving back to typical looking bucks. Im guessing its easier to sell a 200" typical that one of these monsters..

Comment

^To me, the 200" typical is much more appealing than these freaks

Comment

Originally posted by yanta61 View Post
            As long as people keep paying 30-50K for one they will keep getting bigger and bigger... I have a buddy that raises a few and he's moving back to typical looking bucks. Im guessing its easier to sell a 200" typical that one of these monsters..
            Yep. I work with people willing to pay that much to ride around in a truck after someone has let the deer off its chain and shoot it, then ride back to the house while others go and clean the deer/take to taxi/processor.

Then they come to work and say they went hunting. Lol to each their own.

Comment

Those deer got ballsacks hangin from their heads

Comment

He looks miserable.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                  I want to know if those deer are even safe to eat.
                  Well both the bucks pictured are growing extra sacks off there antlers so it might make an extra pair grow off your head.

Comment

That is a good question. Seems like humans keep pushing the limits in everything, so deer breeding should not be any different.

I am not in the business, but it does seem that big typicals are what many people are looking for from breeders and they seem to be hard for breeders to grow. Once a deer gets that much protein with great genetics, they start throwing up crazy kickers and extras.

Also it seems like these deer max out at earlier ages than normal free range deer. Can anyone in the industry confirm this? Do these type of giant pen deer live as long as a free range deer? Given similar circumstances.

Comment

I think I spotted Nemo!

Who knows... it is a niche in the industry so they will likely just keep going and going. There is probably a management website with a category FLNP... Future Lower Neck Problems.

Comment

No tellin how far they can go but to me its no different than hanging a heavy chain around a pitbulls neck. If the police found a dog with a large chain around its neck animal cruelty charges would follow.
                        Im not sure why a whitetail with more bone than a world class elk is seen any differently
                        Im quite sure a good flamin is coming my way

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
                          That's not deer, it's livestock.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                            They may put some lead in your pencil

BWAHAHAHA...Yeah your T count would definitely go up a few hundred points.

Comment

Mutante

Comment

looks like **** if you ask me YMMV

Comment

Working...
                                X