Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So Fishndude and Smart go to the woods with Sniper Hoglights..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So Fishndude and Smart go to the woods with Sniper Hoglights..

And holy hell what a night of pig hunting! FND said I have a good sized pig I want you to try to kill and I have a few at another that needs the same. He put me in an old dilapidated barn on the ground at about 6:30 and then sent me this...[emoji33]. WTH? good sized? That’s a grizzly[emoji23][emoji23]

So during the hunt Fishndude sends me a text of a pig out in front of his feeder and he zips him quick .... I’m thinking that’s the luckiest summidge I’ve ever seen.[emoji23]

So now it’s my turn ...I hope. It was a long peaceful sit without any activity until right at dark. And then a couple of large breaths broke the silence.... followed closely the heavy crunch of corn behind a large bush by the feeder. I listen to that and he then walks through my small opening. Holy hell thats a big arse pig![emoji23]. We played cat and mouse for awhile with him looking at me most of the time or out of range. He slowly walked off and I thought he was gone. Disappointed... 30 minutes later it’s dark and he is back and now he’s under the feeder facing me.. and good Lord is he munchin down on the water corn mix making a lot of racket. I hit him with the Sniper Hog bowlight and he never flinched. Long story short we stood off for 18 minutes with my light on him ready to draw. He fed the whole time facing me. Finally he walked back where he came from and the circled around to eat in front of the feeder at 15 yards. Perfectly broadside with the sniper lighting up my shot. I told myself tuck it tight and let it fly. The Slick trick hit him in the shoulder and I thought the shot looked good with the lighted nock. FND showed up and we started the track. It was ligh the first 15 yards and then opening up big time! Saw my lighted knock at 25 yards and he was dead right behind it in the tall grass. Man we were pumped !! Jeff said that’s a big bleepin pig Smart! [emoji23][emoji23]. Helluva hunt for us both with a double!

Thanks again Jeff for a helluva hunt. And thanks to Sniper Hoglights for making a helluva product! Amazing how well it lights up the pigs to get a good shot on.

Last edited by Smart; 04-27-2018, 01:59 PM.

Congrats!!! Awesome hunt

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
      And holy hell what a night of pig hunting! FND said I have a good sized pig I want you to try to kill and I have a few at another that needs the same. He put me in an old dilapidated barn on the ground at about 6:30 and then sent me this...[emoji33]. WTH? good sized? That’s a grizzly[emoji23][emoji23]

So during the hunt Fishndude sends me a text of a pig out in front of his feeder and he zips him quick .... I’m thinking that’s the luckiest summidge I’ve ever seen.[emoji23]

So now it’s my turn ...I hope. It was a long peaceful sit without any activity until right at dark. And then a couple of large breaths broke the silence.... followed closely the heavy crunch of corn behind a large bush by the feeder. I listen to that and he the walks throw my small opening. Holy hell thats a big arse pig![emoji23]. We played cat and mouse for awhile with him looking at me most of the time or out of range. He slowly walked off and I thought he was gone. Disappointed... 30 minutes later it’s dark and he is back and now he’s under the feeder facing me.. and good Lord is he munchin down on the water corn mix making a lot of racket. I hit him with the Sniper Hog bowlight and he never flinched. Long story short we stood off for 18 minutes with my light on him ready to draw. He fed the whole time facing me. Finally he walked back where he came from and the circled around to eat in front of the feeder at 15 yards. Perfectly broadside with the sniper lighting up my shot. I told myself tuck it tight and let it fly. The Slick trick hit him in the shoulder and I thought the shot looked good with the lighted nock. FND showed up and we started the track. Light the first 15 yards and then opening up big time! Saw my lighted knock at 25 yards and he was dead right behind it in the tall grass. Man we were pumped !! Jeff said that’s a big bleepin pig Smart! [emoji23][emoji23]. Helluva hunt for us both with a double!

Thanks again Jeff for a helluva hunt. And thanks to Sniper Hoglights for making a helluva product!

Was a great time.

My video. No light required.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxFYn3YkhjI&sns=em"]April 26, 2018 - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

WOW! Congrats.
        Does this qualify as a 4-H pigs gone wild?

Comment

Toad! Congrats on the double guys

Comment

Nice shot...You drilled that big sucker.

Congrats to you both.

Comment

Very cool! Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Also I tried to video but I couldn’t find the feeder in my finder as it was too dark and I didn’t want to booger that pig up around moving around any more... I need to polish up my night time videoing if I’m
                gonna keep doing this.[emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                  Was a great time.

My video. No light required.

April 26, 2018 - YouTube
                  Nice footage!

Was that a gopro or phone mount on your bow?

Comment

Great video FND. I really need to get one of those Tactacams!

Jason - that is one HELLOVA BIG pig! Congrats!

Comment

Nice

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Congrats on a heck of a hog. That arrow smacked the heck out of him on the video

Comment

Originally posted by kruppa24 View Post
                            Congrats!

Kruppa .... small world. Your buddy Joe is a cool dude.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                              Kruppa .... small world. Your buddy Joe is a cool dude.
                              He said he had a good time with you and fishndude.

Comment

Working...
                              X