I finally got drawn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I finally got drawn

I've been trying for years to get drawn and I'm pretty surprised. Called the number and I won the antlerless/spike at Matador WMA. The cool thing is I put my buddy at work on the card and this will be his first time deer hunting ever, so I'll get to help him with his first deer hopefully. I'll be doing some research on the Matador but if anyone has been there and hunted it, any help is appreciated. I don't know the date yet but it does not matter I'm going. Hoping to camp out and get my buddy the whole experience. Man I'm excited. Thanks for any help, Kevin

the matador is an awesome place. one of my favorite spots on the earth. it can be a very tough hunt. its best to get an eastern compartment or one on the river. be prepared for long shots, you can see forever. that said both deer i killed last year were inside 50 yards. the deer seem to cover ALOT of ground out there, so get somewhere you can see a ways and hunt as long as you can sit there. and enjoy your time and take in the beautiful scenery.

Comment

Sweet. Hope y'all fill your tags and have a blast

Comment

Very Nice, Good Luck!!

Comment

Working...
        X