No announcement yet.

best drop away rest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not too sure I would trust the Revolution when shooting my FOB's. I have cut the forks way down on my Ripcord to where they do not even hit the riser and have taken every single piece of so called full containment off the top. I have never seen, on my part, a need for "full containment". And yes I do spot and stalk and still never need it!

Comment

I'm using an AAE DOA right now.

But if I was going to pick up a new rest, id go with the Axion Pulse. Automatically resets itself, and the rest will stay in time even if the tension cable stretches. Pretty neat design.

Comment

AAE DOA on one bow and trophy ridge dropzone on the other

Comment

The new AXT Titanium looks sweet I wouldn't mind having that one to mess around with, currently using a Pro V.

Comment

QADpro drop away is what I use. No complaints

Comment

Following, I'm in the market for a new rest myself. My previous bow had a new archery drop away and my current bow is setup with a quick tune 360. Getting a new bow soon and debating on what I should get.

Comment

Qad

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
                  Try the Smackdown Ragin'. All the great things you mentioned about the Pro V + full containment and I feel like it is a little quieter.

Owned it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
                    Owned it.
                    Didn't like it?

Comment

I liked the qad but it caused clearance issues with my bow so I had to go with the ripcord

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
                        Didn't like it?

Not vs the Pro V

Comment

I've shot the original revolution for over a year now, with a couple thousand arrows through it. I've yet to have a problem. The key is set up, and if whoever sets it up does it right, you will like it. However, if money is no issue I'm sure other rests work just as well, but who likes wasting money on high dollar stuff when cheaper equipment will do the same job just as well.

Comment

Originally posted by BTGuard View Post
                            I've shot the original revolution for over a year now, with a couple thousand arrows through it. I've yet to have a problem. The key is set up, and if whoever sets it up does it right, you will like it. However, if money is no issue I'm sure other rests work just as well, but who likes wasting money on high dollar stuff when cheaper equipment will do the same job just as well.

Because a Pro V is more fool proof.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
                              Because a Pro V is more fool proof.

If I can make it work then the revolution must be pretty darn fool proof . Instructions and YouTube are amazing things

Comment

The QAD Pro series rests are outstanding. QAD customer service is great as well.

With regards the the Revolution 2.0, it needs to have a pretty solid amount of tension on the pull cord at full draw to operate properly. It is a ton better built than the original. I owned one for a while, but I always go back to the QAD.

Over the years, since the Ultra-rests came out, I personally have used them and never had a failure. They work very reliably and that's what I want in a hunting rest.

Comment

Working...
                                X