ATA shotguns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATA shotguns

Just getting into duck/goose hunting and had a friend suggest an ATA shotgun. Anyone have any experience with how they run? Really not looking to jump straight into a Benelli, etc. semiautomatic at this point. My fallback is a Benelli Nova but would like to have a semiautomatic.

I love mine. It’s the gas system but it only shoots 3”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a Stoeger 3500 that I’ve had for quite a while. They are affordable and I’ve never had a failure. Don’t know how many rounds but cases and cases. I will also add, I’ve never used or heard of ATA Shotguns.
      Last edited by panhandlehunter; 12-25-2019, 07:24 PM.

Comment

Just my personal opinion and preference, but I would spend just a tad more and pick up a Franchi Affinity. More than likely a better gun (made in Italy) and it will hold better resale value and be easier to sell one day should you choose to advance to a higher end gun. Think of the Franchi made by Benelli as the GMC to Cadillac. Chevy, GMC, Cadillac = Stoeger, Franchi, Benelli.

I myself have owned SBEII, Stoegers, Beretta A300/400 and I’m stuck on my Franchi. Just don’t see any reason to change from it.

Comment

I had the ata venza and 1st hunt using black cloud shells barrel mushroomed. Called academy they sent it to Brileys for warranty, went back to academy after 2 months to pick it up should have looked at it at store an didnt, got home looked and still same gun same barrel called an spoke with general manager he stated he would find out an call me in a few days I called brileys myself they stated they cant get parts from manufacturer for some reason an told academy the same thing after 6 months and going through corporate academy I got to get a new gun an different brand. My choice is do not buy one. This is my opinion.

Comment

European American Arms make an Inertia driven semi auto shotgun that has good reviews. It will shoot up to 3-1/2 inch shells. Cost is around $360.

Comment

I would just break down and go for it with the benelli or beretta. Everyone can use a great quality shotgun. Plus you’re gonna want to make sure the gun will operate in super cold/wet temps. Benelli and berettas are tried and true with this abuse.
              Last edited by UltraMax; 12-26-2019, 07:22 AM.

Comment

Weatherby SA-08 is also an option. They are actually made by ATA but are a different design than the ones on their site currently. Weatherby has stated that they have their own QC standards and have traveled over there regularly, they aren’t just rebadging something else.

I have a 12 and 28 gauge and have had zero problems with them, most every review you’ll read is positive. The other benefit to buying a Weatherby is you get their customer service, it’s not a problem to call them up, talk to a person in the US, and get replacement parts sent out.

I’ve been used as a jon boat paddle. I’ve been belly crawled through mud. I’ve scored triples on ducks, doubles on pheasants and just cracked 100 straight at trap league. I am one tough shooter.

The most important thing with a shotgun is the fit though, if it isn’t right, you won’t shoot it well, even if it’s a “nicer” gun. Stock cast and drop adjustment can be made, but that’s not always enough.

Comment

I don't have any experience with ATA shotguns but I would go and check them out in person. I recently purchased the Stoeger M3500 Waterfowl edition before the season started. I went in with the intentions of purchasing the Beretta A350 Xtrema. It just didn't feel like it fit me well when I shouldered the shotgun. I also checked a couple of others off the rack but went away with the M3500. So far so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
                    Just my personal opinion and preference, but I would spend just a tad more and pick up a Franchi Affinity. More than likely a better gun (made in Italy) and it will hold better resale value and be easier to sell one day should you choose to advance to a higher end gun. Think of the Franchi made by Benelli as the GMC to Cadillac. Chevy, GMC, Cadillac = Stoeger, Franchi, Benelli.

I myself have owned SBEII, Stoegers, Beretta A300/400 and I’m stuck on my Franchi. Just don’t see any reason to change from it.

I agree. I love my Affinity. I’ve got several thousand rounds through it without a single malfunction of any kind, and I’ve yet to find another shotgun that I shoot better with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                    X