Lowes & Home Depot vs. Amazon Dewalt Sawsall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lowes & Home Depot vs. Amazon Dewalt Sawsall

i am piecing together some Dewalt cordless tools. Found the drill/driver combo DCK299M2.

think I will get the 7 1/4" circular saw with 5AH battery.

for the reciprocating saw(sawsall) Both HD & Lowes has the DCS380 model at 129.00 however Amazon has it at 79.87???? ships and sold by Amazon (new)

DEWALT 20V MAX Reciprocating Saw, Tool Only (DCS380B) tool only

Everything looks to be the same..what am I missing? the 2 kits will provide 3 batteries so I am good there. why the big price difference? Any ideas ?

Make sure you buy the xr version, it is so much better!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

if you're worried, see of lowes/HD will price match.
      they did for me on a miter saw a couple years ago but have not tried in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by justindiehl7 View Post
        Make sure you buy the xr version, it is so much better!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Think I read where the XR(brushless) loses the variable shoe. Kinda like that feature. Plus, the sawsall is not something I will use a lot. Will look at the XR version again though.

Comment

Originally posted by boomerball View Post
          if you're worried, see of lowes/HD will price match.
          they did for me on a miter saw a couple years ago but have not tried in a while.
          If they will price match Amazon, yeah I'll do that. The price difference is strange though...50 bucks.

Comment

ttt

Comment

I'd buy from Amazon with confidence. Take the $50 saved and see if there's another tool you can add to the set.

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                I'd buy from Amazon with confidence. Take the $50 saved and see if there's another tool you can add to the set.
                ^^^^^ This

Comment

Lowes and Home Depot are not your friend when it comes to price. I totally updated a house back in 2016 and spent about $35,000 for materials and tools. I ended up doing a large amount of my business with a local lumberyard because the big box retail prices were so high. You are doing your homework and discovering the same thing. Compare apples to apples and don't hesitate to buy online if you can wait a day or two for the tool.

Comment

I see HD is getting ready for Black Friday, you wait till then.

Comment

Originally posted by 60 Deluxe View Post
                      Lowes and Home Depot are not your friend when it comes to price. I totally updated a house back in 2016 and spent about $35,000 for materials and tools. I ended up doing a large amount of my business with a local lumberyard because the big box retail prices were so high.
                      I'm a home builder. The only thing I buy from Home Depot, besides smalls, are roofing packages and block packages.

The big boxes cannot touch lumber yard pricing on lumber(or quality), trim, windows, doors, siding, ect.

Prices vary widely from yard to yard too. I saved my buddy $25,000 on his framing package with one of my suppliers. His "builder" uses the most expensive limber yard around. I use 3 lumber yards and bid every facet of every job.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
                        i am piecing together some Dewalt cordless tools. Found the drill/driver combo DCK299M2.

think I will get the 7 1/4" circular saw with 5AH battery.

for the reciprocating saw(sawsall) Both HD & Lowes has the DCS380 model at 129.00 however Amazon has it at 79.87???? ships and sold by Amazon (new)

DEWALT 20V MAX Reciprocating Saw, Tool Only (DCS380B) tool only

Everything looks to be the same..what am I missing? the 2 kits will provide 3 batteries so I am good there. why the big price difference? Any ideas ?
                        That looks like a really good deal. I have been looking at individual tools vs. combo kits vs brushed or brushless for a couple of days and it can get confusing. If you are only wanting 1 tool that is a no brainer.

Comment

Amazon does not guarantee OEM product. These could be refurbished, knock off's or "grey market". Stolen perhaps... So if you need warranty you will be SOL. Most of the time it is not OEM if the price is that far off. I deal with this day in and day out.

HD and Lowes will guarantee OEM.

With Ebay and Amazon it is a toss up. Dewalt requires a specific price point. Just as Yeti and Milwaukee... It is built into the contract. That is why you will see some items as same MSRP but will have throw in's like another battery, or blades for sawzall.

If someone is selling for 50 less than everyone else, they are not part of the legit distribution chain.

Comment

Walmart has it for 87.00

Comment

The B on the end of the p/n MAY be for brushes....Lowes and HD may be brushless? Just a thought.

Comment

Working...
                              X