No announcement yet.

Who else isn’t a fan of a .300blk?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ve never shot the Barnes but heard great things about them. I used to run a 10.5” 300 blackout pistol with a thermal. Shot the 120gr Remington hollow points and it wrecked small hogs but didn’t penetrate that great on big ones.. recently switched over to 7.62 x 39 and it performs great with cheap Russian soft points

Comment

Originally posted by roughneck266 View Post
      I don't trust subsonic anything on a pig. I do have a 300 SBR, and have killed quite a few pigs with it, but would far rather have my Grendel, or now my 450. I pretty much don't do anything but behind the ear shots with a blackout though. I usually shoot pigs behind the ear regardless of caliber though.
      @roughneck266 I will have to disagree with you, I bought a B N S .300 BLK and it is pretty bad ***! These guys build some pretty sick weapons! She is pretty accurate too, no subsonic ammo here either.. But practice makes perfect...

Comment

My grandson is a fan...He’s been laying ‘em down with a 300 blk out for several years..and he’s 11 now....
        Attached Files

Comment

I bought my 300 Blk in 2011. Sold it in 14’. That was 3 years too long of owning it. Once the suppressed novelty wears off it’s about worthless IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by justindiehl7 View Post
            My .223 seems to destroy them at the same ranges the .300bo has been shooting. Just frustrating when you have that many opportunities and only able to confirm 2 kills.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
            This. The first round isn’t too hard to drop them with 110s, but subsequent shots on movers just doesn’t offer enough performance with less than perfect shots. I can drop quite a few at a time with a 223, but that number is less than half with a 300. Ive had quite a few people really want to like it, but they all end up coming back to 223 or putting together a 6.8 or 6.5. Personally I just run a 223 with 75 gr HPs.

Comment

I haven't had a problem with head or lung shots shooting 208 amax. They may run 50 yards with a lung shot, but they die.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                This. The first round isn’t too hard to drop them with 110s, but subsequent shots on movers just doesn’t offer enough performance with less than perfect shots. I can drop quite a few at a time with a 223, but that number is less than half with a 300. Ive had quite a few people really want to like it, but they all end up coming back to 223 or putting together a 6.8 or 6.5. Personally I just run a 223 with 75 gr HPs.

I’ve tried a handful of bullets and nothing is really doing what I want it to do, most likely going to end up back in the safe for a just in case gun. Already moved my thermal over to my .308. If that doesn’t work it’s going on the .223! Don’t know why I’m wanting to put it on the .308 instead of the .223 but that’s what I’m doing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ve tried a handful of bullets and nothing is really doing what I want it to do, most likely going to end up back in the safe for a just in case gun. Already moved my thermal over to my .308. If that doesn’t work it’s going on the .223! Don’t know why I’m wanting to put it on the .308 instead of the .223 but that’s what I’m doing!

I’m not a large frame guy at all. We spot hogs, then stalk up on them. Sometimes walking a ton over the course of a night. I HATE the weight of AR-10. I’ve had great success with a 17” 556. Ive got a 12.5 6.5 Grendel I’ve been meaning to give a try, but I haven’t been hog hunting since the wheat harvest. By the time you’ve got a tripod, thermal equipped rifle, thermal scanner, spare mag, and trying to walk quietly in the dark across nasty brush the weight makes a difference. Strapping a heavy rifle to your back and hiking isn’t an issue. It’s trying to carry everything in front of you at the ready like we do.

Comment

I've always thought the 300 blk was a fad round and incredibly underpowered. Just not a fan.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                      I’m not a large frame guy at all. We spot hogs, then stalk up on them. Sometimes walking a ton over the course of a night. I HATE the weight of AR-10. I’ve had great success with a 17” 556. Ive got a 12.5 6.5 Grendel I’ve been meaning to give a try, but I haven’t been hog hunting since the wheat harvest. By the time you’ve got a tripod, thermal equipped rifle, thermal scanner, spare mag, and trying to walk quietly in the dark across nasty brush the weight makes a difference. Strapping a heavy rifle to your back and hiking isn’t an issue. It’s trying to carry everything in front of you at the ready like we do.

I hate it cause it has a 20” barrel, it’s been in the safe for over a year. Just built it and never used it. Want to give it a shot. My .223 shoots so well that I don’t want to mess with it, I shoot the cheapest bullets you can buy for it at academy and it flat out destroys the pigs, big or small. Head, shoulders, wherever. I’m in etx so it’s not a lot of walking, cell cams go off and you take to them on the buggy then stop about 2-300 yards away and walk in. It is very heavy but I will take heavy if it drops them in their tracks. Hate looking for them because it affects the deer. If you drop them and load them on the buggy and get out the deer show up within a few hours. If they run off and you track blood it will usually disturb the area all night. If the .308 doesn’t work out it’s most definitely going on the .223 since it has proven itself over and over. Thought about building another sbr .223 cause with a suppressor you are still shorter than most guns, the accuracy is a big deal though. No way at 25-50 should anyone miss a head shot much less multiple in one night.

Comment

I don’t have any experience with the 300 black out I have used a Grendel and that gets the job done. I have been using my 5.56 it’s been doing work as well

Comment

Just can’t seem to get it right with this gun. Shot 6 pigs this weekend, only found 2. Hit them all, could hear the subsonic bullet hit them. One spec of blood from one that I hit 3 times. Tried supers, tried flex tips, tried ballistic tips. Suppressed and non suppressed, the three bigger 200+ pigs ate the bullets up and ran quick with no blood. Ear holed the first two 100 pounders so I know it’s not off sight. Think it’s time to go back to the .308 as it costs about the same to shoot. All shots were 75 yards or less. Had better luck with my .223 than this gun.... Maybe its just me but I’m not feeling it! What about y’all?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                          get you a 458 Socom upper and be done with that walking away nonsense,,, and i have heard of way to many 300 blackout walk away's to ever want one

Comment

OP, have you tried a 6.5 grendel?

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
                              OP, have you tried a 6.5 grendel?

Have a lower at the house waiting on one to go on sale. A guy I hunt with shoots one, it’s either that or 6.8spc that I’ll build.

Comment

If your ar doesnt shoot like a quality bolt gun you have a semi automatic ****. Alot of the time people will spend a grand on an ar then buy bulk FMJ ammo to hunt with. Makes no sense to me. In this case I've had 300s in bolt and ARs. shot deer and hogs. Subsonics are NOT as reliable killers as normal velocity ammo. You can kill them sure. Why would you use inferior ammunition if you want to put a hand on everything you shot? I eventually got away from the blackout and went 6.5 grendel and have had better results.

Comment

Working...
                                X