Over 200" of bone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Over 200" of bone

And it only took 2 deer to get there[emoji16].

Shot the 10 point at a buddy's place out of San Saba opening weekend

Then this weekend, yesterday afternoon, at my lease out of Lampasas I shot a nice mature 8.
    Since I shot the 10 with my rifle, I really wanted to take this one with my bow but none of my 3 bow setups are good for a southwest wind. North wind, northwest and south wind, yes but not a southwest one. The wind was steady at 25 out of the west yesterday with gusts up to 35.
    With work schedules, company Christmas party, and numerous other commitments upcoming, I may not be able to make it back to the lease until late doe/spike season which I have committed to letting my 15 year old kill his first. He has never shown interest in hunting, and that's ok....but this year it is all he has been talking about so late doe/spike season is his.
    Since it was maybe my last weekend to hunt and the wind not cooperating I decided to once more pick up the .257 Roy and head to a secluded little draw that is protected from the wind.
    I was watching and videoing a few month old fawn that was milling around less than 10 yards in front of me and when he wandered into the brush, I set my phone down and looked up to see this dude about 100 yards out eating the hand thrown roasted soybeans I had thrown out.
    One look was all I needed. A better than decent mature 8 point....at least 5.5 years old.
    Pick up the rifle, put the booger hook on the bang switch and it hit him right on the stop button.
    Not the biggest but I'm proud of both deer and they are gonna eat good

Sorry for the "not the greatest" pic but it's kind of hard to do with your phone when your alone and are trying to use the timer and get back in front of the camera.

(The pic at night is the 10 I killed opening weekend)

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Congrats!

Comment

Well done!! Congratulations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Waydago!

Comment

Congrats on two nice bucks.

Comment

Nice deer, congrats.

If I’m taking pictures when alone, I set up my phone on video, then go get in the picture, sit still a few seconds, then take screen shots off of the video. May not be the best, but it works and is easy to do.

Comment

Sounds about like when you give your wife “10 inches”!

Good weekend!

Comment

Nice bucks.Congrats

Comment

Man that's great! congrats !

Comment

You've done twice as good as me so far this season! Congrats!

Not sure what kind of phone you have but I know on the Samsung's they have a voice activated shutter you can turn on. I've done that when I'm alone. Then you can just set up the camera and get how you want and say cheese or capture, etc. And it will take a picture. I've gotten some good pictures before doing like you said and sit down real fast on a goat head sticker or something lol some quality facial expressions when that happens haha

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

congrats!

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Working...
                          X