Worst shot of your life?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worst shot of your life?

My buddy missed a buck yesterday on a buck that you just don't get a shot at every day. He's about sick over the deal. He's killed several deer and to my knowledge had never missed one up until yesterday. I hate missing as much as the next guy but I can't say I've had an animal of a lifetime slip away unscathed but I feel his pain. He's caught some grief over it but hopefully he can get another shot.

What's that one animal you've shot at and didn't connect on and almost had to go see a psychiatrist afterwards?LOL

I missed a giant bull in Montana this September, I’m talking legit 380” bull. I broke my own shooting routine and took someone else’s word on the yardage instead of ranging him myself. Made a great shot at 45, unfortunately he was standing uphill at 61.

I still hear his bugle and see his antlers above that cedar bush every day in my head. The first week I was home my heart was broken. Moped around the house, wasn’t worth a crap at work..... been there

Comment

I'd take a clean miss any day when ranking worst shots...

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
        I'd take a clean miss any day when ranking worst shots...
        Same. I put a bad shot on my buck last year and was sick. We found him that night but it was a bad deal and one I hope I don't go through again.

Comment

I was 13 and had the biggest deer i had ever seen standing 30 yds away. Rushed the shot and missed over his back cause i was shaking so bad with excitement. I never will forget it but i sure did learn from it. It happens to every hunter at some point

Comment

This one right here because of the brow tines. I "connected" on the first shot but it was backstrap and rib bone. Luckily I got another shot 30ish days later in a redemption hunt (see link below). Those 30ish days sucked. I put my Covert on my feedpen and watched, waited and prayed. The morning I woke up and the Covert showed him in my pen at midnight was a great feeling ......but nothing like the feeling of putting my hands on him.

<--------<<

Comment

I missed a doe once and had to pack up and go home! No one is harder on me than I am.

Comment

This season... I didn't post about it on here because I'm just now getting over it lol. It was a buck I have been watching for two years and was a total stud for our small East Tx property. He came in the evening of the bow opener and I couldn't believe it. It had me shook up and I took a shot that I shouldn't have. He was quartering to me hard at 25 yds. I think I punched the trigger causing me to hit the void. I saw the hit and knew that I blew it. I found my broken arrow and called tracking dogs. The dogs jumped him up 500yds out and never could get him to stop after that. He showed up on camera 4 days later and seemed to be fine. A kid 2 properties over shot him on youth weekend and brought me the rest of my arrow. He was a 140" 9pt...still get sick to my stomach thinking about it. If you hunt long enough, it will happen.

Comment

There was a really cute gal that I had been wanting to date for a while. Work and life had gotten in my way. Just when I finally asked her out she had already started dating someone else. That was my worst shot because it stung pretty good.
                  Last edited by Worksalot; 11-19-2018, 03:30 PM.

Comment

About 10 years ago. Double drop tine that would go over 170 with normal points going up.... He was huge. Like in the magazine huge

Comment

Missed a high 180's class typical 12 in Kansas several yrs ago. Missed judged the distance and went right under him.

Comment

I’ve never shot a droptine deer. Long time ago, before I was in to deer dogs and didn’t have $100 to my name let alone $400 to spend on a tracker, I gut shot a droptine deer. It would have been a slam dunk recovery for a dog but I never found the buck. Kills me to this day.

Comment

I missed a doe over the weekend. Not the most upsetting loss, but it was by far my biggest air ball! Looking back I know what happened but its still all my fault. Should have been paying more attention. I attempted to draw and let down and then immediately drew after she spun around. I don't use a loop so I think my arrow came unknocked a little bit and when I shot it had some air between arrow and string which caused my blades to open and send my arrow right into the ground between her legs. I missed her by 3'.

Comment

Cheap tequila

Comment

Kudu!!!!

I was sick after missing under him. Luckily, he came back, and I didn't miss him the second time!!!

Bisch

Comment

Working...
                              X