500 Class UTV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

500 Class UTV

I know it’s gonna be underpowered but for what I am going to use it for it will be plenty. Who makes the best one?

Yamaha in that class. I’ve got 1 550 grizzly with over 8k miles and another with close to 5k

Nvm reread and you said Utv... not atv. No clue in that small a utv. Honda probably has market on that
    Last edited by Low Fence; 12-12-2018, 05:53 PM.

Comment

Polaris 570. Close thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Another vote for Polaris 570 mid size utv, and this is coming from a Kawasaki pro owner, Kawasaki hasn’t changed the mid size to be competitive with others.

Comment

There’s a 500 Honda on here for sale that would be a great unit. They have plenty of power and are very nimble.

Comment

Power on these UTV's is overrated.

First UTV we had was a 2006 Polaris Ranger 500. Heck, back then, the largest you could get was the XP 700.

We honestly never thought it was unpowered and it carried 700 lbs of corn with ease just like our 850 today does.

Comment

Kubota has a good one. Hst transmission, 2 cylinder gas engine

Comment

I have a Polaris 570 ranger. No regrets. It gets me around my lease through mud. Has the power that I need. If you want to go 50 plus MPH then get you a larger bike.

Comment

I have a ranger midsize crew 570 and I have never had an issue with being under powered even with an 8’ trailer and 1k pounds of corn on it.

Comment

I have a Diamo 500 Discovery UTV that isn't too underpowered really. I've run it up to 40 MPH with just me in it. Now, that being said, when I put 600-700 pounds of corn in it and two riders weighing around 200 pounds each, it struggles a little to get up the hills.

Comment

can am defender hd5 has alot of good reviews. i have the hd8 crew and love it.

Comment

I have a ranger 500. My son begged me not to get it because he wanted something bigger. I can tell you that he rides it more than I do and has said several times how much he likes it. It tops out at 40mph which is plenty fast for an UTV. It has been a work horse

Comment

We have a 570 ranger and it's great. Plenty of power..

Comment

Back when we were using a 500 Ranger we never considered lack of power or overloading as a concern.
                            We’d load that sucker down until the suspension was inverted and take off.

Btw, when shopping- compare your prices with the Yamaha Viking 700- they can be had at $10k before drive out. I found $/cc they had the best deal going when I bought mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainDave View Post
                              Power on these UTV's is overrated.

First UTV we had was a 2006 Polaris Ranger 500. Heck, back then, the largest you could get was the XP 700.

We honestly never thought it was unpowered and it carried 700 lbs of corn with ease just like our 850 today does.
                              X2 Had one too and would do everything we ever needed it to. Definitely wasn't under powered!

Comment

Working...
                              X