X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChickenWilly View Post
    Yalls lease towards adamsville?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    ChickenWilly, your Primos Buck Decoy would have worked on that guy! Lol, sorry I had to I hope your season is going well, sir.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TxTyler View Post
      ChickenWilly, your Primos Buck Decoy would have worked on that guy! Lol, sorry I had to I hope your season is going well, sir.

Lmao yes sir it would have been perfect! Haha
      I'm gonna be going down this weekend and I think I'm gonna stick him out keystone light tramp stamp and all lol surely somebody will want to come kick his butt!

Comment

I put a friend onto one of my target bucks this morning

Comment

Heck yeah man, that's a nice buck!

Some awesome rutting activity this morning. Saw a buck walking away from me about 175 yards off right after first light. Decided to hit the horns together and man he whipped around and came on a string. 3 bucks came into that one short rattling sequence! The 2 bigger ones ran into each other on the way in and decided real fast who was the bigger of the two and the loser hauled it away before he got whooped. About 30 mins after all that I had a big slick 6 come walking down the old fence line staring at the buck decoy I had out. He was one I was thinking about shooting but almost his whole left main beam was broke off within the past week! So he got a pass and I hit him with a snort wheeze and it was more than he could handle! He went around the fence and postured and side stepped about 100 yards all the way to the decoy . About the time I thought he was gonna run it over the wind switched a little and he caught some scent off the decoy and backed up real slow and trotted off. Probably one of the coolest mornings I've had!

This afternoon I see a nice buck heading my way so I start getting ready. Dont recognize him but can tell he is a big mature buck with a good rack. He gets to about 50 yards and turns his head and he is missing everything on the right side except his brow tine! Lol guess he knew he was safe because he gave me every opportunity i could have ever wanted to kill him. But a little before dark a couple of sika does stepped out and I was able to shoot one of those. Excited to cook some up and see how they taste. Started getting pictures of some sika in August and they have kinda stuck around. All in all a pretty darn good day! Cant wait to see how tomorrow morning goes. Good luck everybody!

Comment

Sounds like an awesome hunt and congrats on the sika! I hunted a buddy’s place up in North Texas yesterday and got skunked so, I’m looking forward to getting back to Lometa on Wednesday to play camera man for my dad and brother the rest of the week.

Comment

686, that’s a great buck. That portrait mode takes some awesome pics too!

Comment

Lmao yes sir it would have been perfect! Haha
                I'm gonna be going down this weekend and I think I'm gonna stick him out keystone light tramp stamp and all lol surely somebody will want to come kick his butt!

I don't see why it wouldn't work. Maybe the gals will like him because he is different My wife and I belly laugh every time I bring the whole thing up. Oh man...

Comment

Sounded like a war zone around us this weekend. Bucks were still chasing pretty hard.

Comment

Originally posted by Cabela View Post
                    Sounded like a war zone around us this weekend. Bucks were still chasing pretty hard.

That’s good news! I just got here, gonna hunt the next couple days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It is always a war zone in Lampasas county. It appears it is also the place to go have a blast shooting 300 rounds of ammo in the evenings. then switch to a different gun and shoot 30 times. I get so tired of hunting lampasas county during November. Almost best to stay out and let the deer hide on my place. the activity is insane.

Then I see tons of under 13 inch deer in trucks around town. Dropped by Hunters creek to pick up my deer meat and notice a ton of under 13 inch deer in trucks as well. Most all the counties around here are AR, but maybe they are in different counties..

Oh well, carry on. nothing out of the ordinary.

Comment

Originally posted by Krivoman View Post
                        It is always a war zone in Lampasas county. It appears it is also the place to go have a blast shooting 300 rounds of ammo in the evenings. then switch to a different gun and shoot 30 times. I get so tired of hunting lampasas county during November. Almost best to stay out and let the deer hide on my place. the activity is insane.

Then I see tons of under 13 inch deer in trucks around town. Dropped by Hunters creek to pick up my deer meat and notice a ton of under 13 inch deer in trucks as well. Most all the counties around here are AR, but maybe they are in different counties..

Oh well, carry on. nothing out of the ordinary.
                        Man you ain't kidding! Seems like the past couple years its perfectly normal to hear people blowing through round after round all afternoon till dark. Especially on Saturdays! Glad that I get to hunt more during the week than I do weekends. Nice and quiet most of the time.

Anybody else noticing more bucks with broke up racks than normal? In 3 hunts I saw 2 bucks that had broke off most all of their main beam on one side and a buck that was a stud of an 8 point that broke all his tines off his right side except for the brow tine. Few others with broken tines on camera too

Comment

Man you ain't kidding! Seems like the past couple years its perfectly normal to hear people blowing through round after round all afternoon till dark. Especially on Saturdays! Glad that I get to hunt more during the week than I do weekends. Nice and quiet most of the time.

Anybody else noticing more bucks with broke up racks than normal? In 3 hunts I saw 2 bucks that had broke off most all of their main beam on one side and a buck that was a stud of an 8 point that broke all his tines off his right side except for the brow tine. Few others with broken tines on camera too

Last year we had a lot breaking up early this year about the same maybe a little less.

Comment

Originally posted by cantexduck View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Just letting you know that deer doesn’t meet antler restrictions if you are in lampasas. Only reason I’m saying is cause I know a guy that shot a white buck just like yours and got fines over the deal.

Comment

Not my deer. Found gut shot next to a place I manage.

Chicken, you close to 190 just east of town ?

Comment

Originally posted by cantexduck View Post
                                Not my deer. Found gut shot next to a place I manage.

Chicken, you close to 190 just east of town ?
                                Yeah not far from town. Part of our property actually stops at 580. Have you ever seen the signs for the Bostic ranch?(Not sure on the spelling right now) But that place used to be ours also but that part got sold off 10 or 15 years ago I guess now. We are off of cr 3040

Comment

Working...
                                X