Getting Gall Bladder removed tomorrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mr Gall Bladder isn't happy any more so I'm getting rid of it tomorrow.

Couldn't get the robot on short notice so it's going to be lathroscopic.

Anybody have any experience?

No sir but good luck prayers sent![emoji120][emoji2532]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes. When the doctor says don’t be far from a restroom after a big meal take his word for it!

Comment

Easy as takin a good nap!

Rest for a day after, light duty for 2 weeks.

Don't eat greasy enchiladas without a game plan...

Last edited by Dale Moser; 10-22-2018, 08:10 PM.

Comment

It'll be quicker without the robot.

Comment

Originally posted by Efren View Post
            It'll be quicker without the robot.
            Exactly.

It’ll be half to a third of the time being a Lap Chole rather than a Robotic chole.

Seen hundreds of them done and should only take 10-20 mins in and out unless it’s severly infused into the liver
            Last edited by 150class; 10-22-2018, 08:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
              Yes. When the doctor says don’t be far from a restroom after a big meal take his word for it!

X1billion.
              I had mine removed a year ago and it’s not bad at all. Before I had the worse darn pains from the stone setting stuck. Glad to not deal with that anymore. One thing for sure, I am super conscious of what I eat and when I eat it. If I’m close to home or the office I’ll eat anything. I won’t if don’t have to, sit in public restrooms or porta-cans. Traveling long distances for work or play, I eat small and very healthy meals. Fatty, greasy foods will turn you into a fountain

The procedure lasted about 45 minutes. Pre-Op and post-op was ten times as long. Lol. Once at home, you will want to sit upright or at angle and not move for a couple days. The gas inside you will make the worse pain but will subside after a few days. You’ll be sore for 4-5 days but it’ll all be just fine after that. 3 tiny scars.

Comment

Good luck to you.

Comment

Just had mine removed last Tuesday. No big deal....went back to work on Thursday but no lifting. Saturday was the worst day for me as the incisions were tender. Still not much appetite but that is a good thing on lossing a little more weight. I had the robotic with 4 small incisions. I am going to hunt this week with my recurve. Good luck on the surgery....follow the real Dr’s orders and not the want to be’s....

Comment

My shoulder hurt worse from the gas after than the incisions or surgery did. You could have tripled the post opp pain, and it would still be 20 times better than what I was going through before.

Comment

They took my gallbladder out during one of my three cancer surgeries and I didn't even notice. Two of the guys that work for me now have had their gallbladders out in the past 3 weeks. You will be good to go. Consider it insurance against future discomfort and pain.
                      Last edited by Chew; 10-22-2018, 09:06 PM.

Comment

Take it easy, even though you'll probably feel fine. And, be near a bathroom after ANY meal, lunch was my nemesis.......it'll get better after a long time!

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                          My shoulder hurt worse from the gas after than the incisions or surgery did. You could have tripled the post opp pain, and it would still be 20 times better than what I was going through before.
                          Yeah man, my shoulders hurt like hail too. Took me about 4 months to get my guts used to not having gall bladder, no matter what I ate it was looking for a way out about an hour later.

Thinking about all that, I was a eating a lot of goulash..err I mean chili and it may have been my body ridding itself of the beans that was in the mix

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                            This I about got belligerent when I came to. They ended up giving me some shot and when I woke up I was good. I have had zero side effects since the surgery, heck I ate a boat load of crawfish a week after my surgery with no repercussions and nothing seems to really mess with me.

Comment

Working...
                            X