Free Coleman 3 burner stove giveaway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Free Coleman 3 burner stove giveaway

I am giving away a restored Coleman 3 burner stove that was given to me by TBH'er Venado. http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...d.php?t=526486

I did not paint it because that's part of the stove's history. I cleaned out dirtdobers nest, scrubbed the grills and case. Replaced the leather cup and fuel cap gasket. Removed the rust from the fuel tank and burners.
    This is no shelf queen and will be perfect at any campfire. These three burners were called suitcase stoves, so I added some art work to it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am giving this away to a Boy Scout or Girl Scout troop. You and your son or daughter must be active members in that troop. It will need to go to the troop.

First person that shows me they are active in their troop will get this stove.
    Arrangements will need to be made to pick it up or meet me local. These three burners are the flagship of the Coleman stove line.
    Attached Files

Bet that baby has made some bacon and eggs!

Comment

I would imagine so judging by the amount of gunk I removed.

Comment

Nice offer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Way to go Timm. Class act all the way.

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

Bump for the cause & will ask around

I have 2 scouts, 1 Eagle & the other 95% almost there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Well 32 guess this giveaway is a bust since it goes against the BSA rules

Comment

Originally posted by 2050z View Post
                  well 32 guess this giveaway is a bust since it goes against the bsa rules

wth???

Comment

yep BSA does not allow for the use of liquid fueled stoves.

Not sure what I am going to do with this stove. Really wanted to help out.

Comment

Can it convert to propane?

Comment

How bout some kids in 4H.

Comment

You can run any Coleman stove off of propane with an adapter.

We run a 3 burner stove just like that at deer camp with an adapter hose off of a BBQ pit size propane canister,

We set the Propane canister in a milk crate for stability and have a vertical pipe that a coleman propane lantern sits on top of. The vertical pipe has access ports on the side where we tap off a hose that goes to the stove.

You can also use the smaller screw on propane canisters.

I have not seen a system to convert the traditional pump up lantern to propane.

Here is an example of one of many available: http://www.basspro.com/Stansport-Pro...duct/10218813/

Pick one up to go with the stove and you are good to donate to a Scout troop.

When I was a Scoutmaster, this would have been a welcome addition to our troop.

Comment

Auction it off Timm. Then donate the funds to a BSA troop.

Comment

I'm sure my boys scout Troup could use a stove if it will work. Good job, Timm.

Comment

Working...
                              X