Im Pumped-big Buck Sighted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im Pumped-big Buck Sighted

Went hunting yesterday evening still returning empty handed but after the evening hunt a buddy of mine got out of the stand about 7:45 and proceeded to local dairy queen for a bite to eat. after eatin we decided since we were only 4 miles from my lease lets go back for a lil hog hunting, so we return to the lease and drive down the road to where the hogs have polverized the land, its a lil draw with a slough running parrellel to it. I turn off the road in the draw pasture and there standing was two deer couldnt make them out so i drove closer one lifted his head and my heart began to race, he was at least a main frame 8 easily being 18-20 inchs wide with good mass the biggest buck i have seen on the place on my 10 years of hunting it. then the second raised it head it was another good buck easily being bigger than the buck in my avatar. But im so pumped apperently the rut hasnt started because they were together. Any pointers on how to approach goin after this buck. Im still shooken up he is the biggest deer i have seen in this area ever im in new baden 30 mins from college station(hearne/franklin area).

Hope you get em',i grew up around the Brazos county,seen some true Hoss's in that area.Good Luck

Comment

Good luck trying to get him.

Comment

good luck hope you get him

Comment

I'd try like crazy to be in the stand closest to where you think he's bedding and stay all day if you stand it. Especially during the rut. Not sure what you have for water, but he's going to need some once he starts chasing those does. Until then, stay on the food source, even if it's hand corn, as long as you can stand it. Can't tell you how many times I've wanted to get down at 9, but made myself stay till 11 and in walked a big boy.

Good luck man!! That will help get you out of bed in the morning huh?

Comment

it will most defintly get me out of the bed in the morning. I really wanna take him with a bow but im nervous about it since ive already shot 3 with a bow and havent found em.

Comment

Cool deal, go get em. Good luck

Comment

Take Cambo with you.....he has a streak of good luck in him

Comment

Sounds like a spot light might work. (Just kidding!)

Comment

Cambo was gonna go with me, but was smart enough to not go and finish his calculus homework.

Comment

So did you get him?

Comment

11 year thread bump?

Comment

Wow, oldest thread bump ever!

Comment

Originally posted by SKLOSS View Post
                            So did you get him?
                            Maybe he is after the deer's grandson this year....

Comment

Originally posted by SKLOSS View Post
                              So did you get him?
                              And you are a P&Y...

Comment

Working...
                              X