No announcement yet.

Question about buying a Ford Truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have always had a trade in too so of course they would low ball my trade also.

Comment

There are a couple of Ford dealer employees here maybe they will set it straight for us.

Comment

Comment

Car dealer salesmen/women are all SNAKES!!!! Do not believe a word they tell you, make sure you get exactly what you want, then tell them you want it for $4,000 off retail plus incentives. Do not buy a car/truck without treating them like they are bottom feeding scum of the ocean.

I know there are car dealers on here that are good members, so I am not trying to bash you. But on the other hand, I don't want some of my TBH brothers to get shafted by fast talking car salesman. There is enough profit in the car/truck sale business to not take someone's head off and screw him for the next 60 months.

To the OP, make a ruthless, bare bones, unfair deal and you will be ok. Truth be told, the dealership still made money on your transaction (which is perfectly ok, because their time is worth something).

Comment

Got this off the f150 site. He says you get rebates too but still not clear if its just factory ones or dealer too.

"Ok guys I will try and explain this again. I am a retired Ford employee and have been dealing with the axz plan for over 30 years. There is a post somewhere on this forum with an actual copy of a invoice a dealer is required to show you if you are a plan buyer. X-plan is 2% above the dealers cost of that vehicle, A- plan is 2% below dealers cost, Z-plan is the same as A-plan but is used for retirees. The invoice the dealer should be showing you states these prices along the bottom of the page. The dealer has invoices that do not show these prices it just shows a invoice price, what price I do not know. AXZ plan purchases also includes all rebates that are offered. So if there are that's say $3000 in rebates subtract that from the AXZ plan price. A dealer may be able to beat axz plan on left over models that they need to unload. All I am saying is make sure you are seeing the real AXZ plan invoice. One more thing the more expensive the vehicle the more you save."

General F150 Discussion - X-Plan Pricing Sucks - I am in the market for a Ranger or a lower end F-150. I qualify for X Plan pricing but the discounts are only several hundred dollars below MSRP. I go to the Ford Partner website, I click on pricing and it will list the different truck models with X plan pricing. An...

Comment

Car/truck salesmen are lying, profit maximizing, bonus maximizing, "do anything to make a bonus" salesman. Know that going forward.

Comment

Originally posted by Bumpy View Post
                Thinking about buying a F-150 Lariat with the Ecoboost. I qualify for the X Plan through my job. The dealer laid out a bunch of incentives on the 2013 model. My question is shouldn't I be able to get the X plan price plus the dealer incentives? The guy told me I had to pick one or another. I swore my dad used to get them tacked on to each other. Any advice
                What kinda of deal were they offering with out x-plan?

Did he show you numbers for both?

Comment

Originally posted by texasdeerhunter View Post
                  Car dealer salesmen/women are all SNAKES!!!! Do not believe a word they tell you, make sure you get exactly what you want, then tell them you want it for $4,000 off retail plus incentives. Do not buy a car/truck without treating them like they are bottom feeding scum of the ocean.

I know there are car dealers on here that are good members, so I am not trying to bash you. But on the other hand, I don't want some of my TBH brothers to get shafted by fast talking car salesman. There is enough profit in the car/truck sale business to not take someone's head off and screw him for the next 60 months.

To the OP, make a ruthless, bare bones, unfair deal and you will be ok. Truth be told, the dealership still made money on your transaction (which is perfectly ok, because their time is worth something).

Got it all figured out, don't ya?

Comment

Just remember, whatever you do, even if you're buying a ford, don't go to Dallas Dodge.

Comment

FYI. I bought mine back in 2013 and got it cheaper than x plan. Just go negotiate.

Comment

Originally posted by justintyme8303 View Post
                        What kinda of deal were they offering with out x-plan?

Did he show you numbers for both?
                        The truck I wanted on the X plan was around 35k ish but can't remember the msrp on it. The ford incentives were around 6k that he didn't want to tack on. I talked to Russell and Smith Ford last night and the guy said they would give me the X plan plus Ford incentives which would bring a Lariat a bit south of 30k. I'll jump on that on any day. Now that folks are saying the 15s are coming I'll wait. I don't want to start with a truck already 2 years old off the lot. That leather was nice.

Comment

Originally posted by texasdeerhunter View Post

There are a lot of salesmen like you're describing, but to say "all" are that way is idiotic and close-minded. What line of work are you in? Do you/your company's owner want to make a profit? Do you want to increase your pay?

To the Op, call Mack Haik Georgetown and/or get Lucas (TBH'ER) on here to give you a hand. They're making great deals for TBH'ers and I'm fairly certain they'll do X-plan + incentives/rebates.

Comment

[ATTACH]
                            Attached Files

Comment

Bumpy, so just to be clear...rebates were applied on top of X-plan pricing? Was there a dealer discount involved too?

Comment

Working...
                              X