Ordered some arrows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ordered some arrows

Ordered a dozen Beman Center shot shafts today for my Toelke Super D longbow.

Did you order them whole length so you can trim as needed or do you know your setup well enough to just order them ready to go? Or maybe you like to fletch your own or wrap them etc.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Comment

I ordered what worked for me in the past with a very similar set up. I don't do well with feathers so they will be fletched. I asked for 5" red,white and blue parabolic feathers.

Comment

Can't beat red, white and blue!

Richard.

Comment

Right or left helical?

Comment

That didn't matter to me either

Comment

I let him use what ever helical and cresting.

Comment

Just questions. Learning my way in this adventure.

Comment

I shoot left helical parabolic out of my Toelke whip and Chinook. It's my thinking that left helical clears the shelf of my right hand bow better. Is it true? Who knows. I've thought about switching.....my field tips unscrew themselves....

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by strigif0rm3s View Post
                    I shoot left helical parabolic out of my Toelke whip and Chinook. It's my thinking that left helical clears the shelf of my right hand bow better. Is it true? Who knows. I've thought about switching.....my field tips unscrew themselves....

If you are well tuned it does not matter if you use right or left helical. Your tips will come loose with either helical also.

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                      If you are well tuned it does not matter if you use right or left helical. Your tips will come loose with either helical also.

Bisch
                      But more so with left. Lefty loosey, righty tighty; but that depends on the medium you're shooting into. Any vibrations will loosen the tips, however in my experience shooting right helical into dense foam tightens the heads. Rather than a soft bag target that does not fully envelope the tip causing the twist of the arrow to act upon the threads as much. Hope that made sense.

Comment

I have a left helical clamp. The arrows I bought were right so until I get some blank shafts or have to re-fletch these I won't be using my 175 left single bevel heads. However I used some brass 75 grain insert weights in my current arrows so I can utilize my 100 grain Thunderheads until I get completely switched around. Also my ranch is Sandy soil and less likely to mess up my nice heads and the rocks at my lease will get the Thunderheads.

Comment

Just make sure you don't mix left and right wing feathers on one shaft!

It makes for some interesting pinwheel flight characteristics!

Comment

As far as the field tips coming loose what I've done is either add those little rubber "O" rings or rub some bees wax in the threads.

Richard.

Comment

Originally posted by Junkers88 View Post
                              As far as the field tips coming loose what I've done is either add those little rubber "O" rings or rub some bees wax in the threads.

Richard.
                              totally give that a shot

Comment

Working...
                              X