September Colorado Weather and Other Info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

September Colorado Weather and Other Info

Southern Colorado is very wet this year. Weather is varying wildly. If you are coming here to hunt this fall, please be prepared for all kinds of weather. You may experience hot, cold, snow, rain, hail and incredible winds in the same day. Lightning is also a very real danger above the tree line, even in clear skies. The elk in my area are looking really fat and winter is expected to be heavy this year so expect heavy hauling if you get an animal down.

Also, plague and hauntavirus are becoming more pronounced in small game. Be cautious and practice basic hygiene.

Be safe and best of luck to all coming to hunt. If you're near Westcliffe, shoot me a message and maybe we can meet up.

Jeff, we are in Park county right now... Talking with my Firefighter friends, they said this is the wettest it has been in yrs. which means no fire to destroy the hunting grounds.

Good luck to all coming up here.

Comment

Buckshot, package some of that weather and bring it back to Texas.

Comment

Thanks. Will be in the Durango area in late Sept. with a friend. I'll be packed for every eventuality, I hope.

Comment

Leaving for Pueblo on Friday, I'm hoping the Antelope will be coming to water!

Comment

Originally posted by Shake N' Bake View Post
            Leaving for Pueblo on Friday, I'm hoping the Antelope will be coming to water!
            Water is in abundance, hopefully the antelope are too.

Comment

Working...
            X