Japan.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tx_Wader View Post
    Trust me. A bath house is a must do in Japan. Thank me later.
    And a good Hostess Bar in Tokyo

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
      And a good Hostess Bar in Tokyo
      You guys are bad lol

Comment

The food is amazing there and the people are really friendly. Try everything you are served. I had the best steak ever in Kobe and something that I think was fish.

Tokyo is huge, Mt. Fuji is gorgeous, and the bullet train is really cool and interesting. However, I enjoyed the small, ski town of Zao the most. We got to eat traditional food and stay in tatami-style (spelling?) rooms. Karaoke was also a lot of fun, but unique because you sing in small groups in private or semi-private rooms. Have a blast!

Comment

Japan is awesome. SUSHI!!! Go to the Tsukiji Fish Market early in the morning. Did this on the day I landed. You will see the biggest Tuna you have ever seen, then get sushi at one the restaurants near it for breakfast. Take a trip to Yamanouchi Town in Nagano Prefecture and visit The Jigokudani Yaenkoen Monkey Park. It is not winter but still will be worth it. Stay at Shimaya Ryokan, http://shimaya-yudanaka.com/en/ Awesome place. Walk around and see the shrines and temples. Some I liked are, Yasukuni, Hanazono, Zojo Ji, Senso Ji and Meiji Jingu. Visit the "neighborhoods", Akihabara, Asakusa, Ebisu, Ginza, Shibuya. Go up in the Tokyo Tower, go to the Imperial Palace. Stop at the street food carts and eat everything.

Comment

I've been twice to the Southern end...it's OK but I could only see so many temples. One thing you will see is allot of folks. I ate food I had no idea what t was and some of it was not edible....Their beer is good and you can buy it in vending machines. The train system is awesome once you get it figured out...go to see some baseball games...The Tokyo Giants are the team to beat....after 45 days I was ready to get home..

Comment

Spent three years in Northern Japan. Great snow skiing. Did the Fuji climb. Went to two World Super Bike races. Love the food.
              Last edited by 41Chevy; 08-16-2018, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Wishing I had more then 8 days to do a lot of the things you guys are listing, cant wait for this trip. Going to eat my body weight in food over there ha!

Comment

Originally posted by deerslayer94 View Post
                  You guys are bad lol
                  I'm not a big traveler, but I do believe in the saying "When in Rome, do as the Romans", so when in Japan.....

Comment

Good looking goldwing.

Comment

We went 2 years ago. Went to Tokyo, Hakone, and Kyoto. While we enjoyed all of them we ranked them as Kyoto, Tokyo then Hakone.

The Tsukiji Fish market is awesome BUT you have to be there EARLY!

Shibuya is an experience like no other.

Sushi Nova was a conveyor belt type sushi place. You ordered your sushi on a touch screen and it came out on the belt and stopped in front of you. Was really a neat experience.

My personal favorite eating was an Izakaya. You order small skewers of.... well nearly anything. We had everything from onion to stingray flaps. We ate ourselves stupid for a bill of about $35 US.

The railway system is amazing. It took us about 15 min to figure it out. Once you understand how it works you can get nearly anywhere for a couple of bucks. It can get super crowded around rush hour. No joke type of crowded. We simply did ride the rails at that time.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Highly suggest visiting Nara to see Tōdai temple. Words cannot describe it. Its truly a sight to see.

Try and see all the castles they are awesome.

Tokyo tower

Also just about every city as a fish market. Get up early and take a stroll before all the restaurants buy it up for the day. You will see all sorts of fresh fish.
                        Last edited by COWDOG; 08-16-2018, 05:40 PM.

Comment

I see a lot of you guys rank Kyoto as number 1, what are some particular things you liked there vs the Tokyo area?

Comment

Okinawa for 1year, will never forget landing in Tokyo and looking out the window and seeing a 7-eleven sign lol!

Comment

If you are single you need to hit the Roppongi district in Tokyo one night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

stationed Iwakuni in 81 for a year. will never forget it. really nice people. take a train. get outside of the city. see the citys. bring a good camera. enjoy!

Comment

Working...
                                X