No announcement yet.

What RV?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2017 Rockwood Roo 23IKSS. We've been in a large pop-up for years and weren't willing to give up the tent sleeping. This dude gives us the best of both worlds. We get to sleep in a tent with the ease of "setting up" a travel trailer. No floorspace wasted on bedrooms that only get used a few hours a night. Makes a 22' coach live like a 32' coach. Really cool!
    Attached Files

Comment

nice Rockwood

Comment

I've owned 2 bumper pulls and I'm currently looking for a new one. Last weekend I spent all day Sunday looking at everything available at the Dallas RV Show. Went home very confused, so I got on the internet and read everything I could about how they are built.
        After looking all the different manufactures I've decided on a Jayco. I spent today at a dealer looking at all their different models and I have narrowed it to several different lengths and models. I believe it possible to purchase a new one at 20% off List Price.

Comment

If you have a bumper pull trailer and are having problems with it swaying.
          Add a 4 point sway bar and it will help dramatically.
          I recommend the following: http://www.equalizerhitch.com/

Comment

This is the one I use: http://www.andersenhitches.com/Produ...-brackets.aspx

Some folks with really heavy tongue weights and really soft suspensions have issues distributing enough weight to the front axle. The loaded tongue weight on mine is around 700 pounds. This hitch works superbly for me and the anti-sway is amazing!

Comment

Here's the one we have and love! And, for $200, you can't go wrong!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Bpa556 look up gizmo for pop ups and invest in a set. We also have a hybrid and in Texas the beds can get pretty warm but the gizmo works really well. We also use a reflectix insulation that you can cut to fit in the windows of the beds

Comment

Originally posted by perow View Post
                  Bpa556 look up gizmo for pop ups and invest in a set. We also have a hybrid and in Texas the beds can get pretty warm but the gizmo works really well. We also use a reflectix insulation that you can cut to fit in the windows of the beds

Thanks, I may do that. I had the reflectix cutouts in our pop-up. They do make a big difference! I never got a set of gizmos for it, but I'll probably give them a go on the Roo.

We've had the pop-up for years (2005 Jayco 1206) and we do love it. I almost hate to sell it. Wife told me she'd have no part of a hard-sided camper because she prefers the tent sleeping. Lucky for her, she can have the best of both worlds!

I really like the fact that we're not "wasting" floorspace on 2 bedrooms that only get used a few hours per night. Plus, we'll now be able to just pull over and sleep on the fold-out couch on long trips. Win-win. The only negative is a substantial decrease in towing fuel economy vs. the pop-up!

Comment

We've been hanging out at Martin Dies Jr State Park for three days now. The first two were awesome! Nice and quiet and near empty. Now, it's all but at capacity. Oh well, an okay day camping beats the crud out of a good day working anytime!

Comment

Originally posted by Brazos Hunter View Post
                      We've been hanging out at Martin Dies Jr State Park for three days now. The first two were awesome! Nice and quiet and near empty. Now, it's all but at capacity. Oh well, an okay day camping beats the crud out of a good day working anytime!

Man I can't wait to go get my camper from the lease next weekend.

That looks like a really nice park.

I'd like to see a thread where you rate the parks you been to so far. It looks like you've been to a bunch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post

I'd like to see a thread where you rate the parks you been to so far. It looks like you've been to a bunch.

We've been to a dozen or so. Hitting up three new to us State Parks in as many months. That's a good idea though! This Park is awesome but they do not have full hookups. Our spot 85 on the South side of the park has the most space and best view by far!

Comment

Originally posted by MagicBlade View Post
                          I've owned 2 bumper pulls and I'm currently looking for a new one. Last weekend I spent all day Sunday looking at everything available at the Dallas RV Show. Went home very confused, so I got on the internet and read everything I could about how they are built.
                          After looking all the different manufactures I've decided on a Jayco. I spent today at a dealer looking at all their different models and I have narrowed it to several different lengths and models. I believe it possible to purchase a new one at 20% off List Price.
                          Look up wholesale price with online dealers. Add $2000 to get it here. You should be able to get within a $1000-$1500 of that.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post

I took your advice/request one step further. We now have a YouTube Channel where we will vlog (outside of my comfort zone) our trips and everything RV.

Within the next week or so I will be installing a complete solar system on Seymour our RV. Getting him all ready to do a little boondocking/dry camping. Will post a link here when the video is ready.

Michael

Comment

I'm going to start on the solar install by setting up the new charge controller. Will remove the display and remote mount it in the RV to better monitor available power and usage.

Comment

3 of the 4 solar panels arrived! After I get my ears lowered, I'll be on the roof getting it going!!! I'm so ready.

On a different note, my new bed cover came in. Took all of 20 minutes to install. Now our generator and cooler will be out of sight and mind as well as out of the weather.

Comment

Working...
                                X