Building a quick blind...need some help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Building a quick blind...need some help

I moved into a new area on our lease that had a feeder pen already established. The problem is that there isn't a single good tree in range to hang my tree stand. So I need to get a box blind up PRONTO. If anyone has seen my last blind build (http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...d.php?t=384896) I don't usually go small but I need smaller for this one. The area I'll be in is heavily wooded with cedars and I need this put in place by Monday.

If I build an 6'x8' I need help with the cut angles shown here:

Any math geniuses out there?

all 45 degree

Comment

Yep

Comment

Originally posted by Krivoman View Post
        all 45 degree
        I could see the left and right angles being 45* but not the two inside middle ones. I want the side panels to be 2' so the middle panel would have to be a little over 3'. It's not a true hexagon.

Comment

All angles are 45*
          The center window wall will be 3'-2" long
          The left and right side walls will be 6'-7" long

Comment

If you wanted a true octagon front then the three window sides would be 2'-6" long and the two side walls would be 6'-3" long.
            All of the angles would still be 45*
            Last edited by lab man; 09-02-2016, 11:03 AM.

Comment

The angles are 45 degrees but remember when you cut the boards to split your angle in half. You will want to set your saw to cut at a 22.5 degree angle for it to come out right

Comment

Man, I thought it would all change with the smaller overall width (compared to my last one) and uneven sides. Thanks for setting me straight!

Comment

Each angle needs to be ripped at 22.50

Depending on how wide the back is makes a difference in the length of each of the 3 segments on the front

4' = 2'2"
                  5' = 2' 8 1/2"
                  6' = 3' 3"

Remember if you frame it then sheath over the top the measurements will be a little different for each because as you move from inside out that length is getting longer because it's on an angle, not a square cut.

While it can be done, building like that isn't necessarily quick, lots of saw adjusting

Comment

Originally posted by TexasLongball View Post
                    Man, I thought it would all change with the smaller overall width (compared to my last one) and uneven sides. Thanks for setting me straight!
                    Did you end up cutting those at a 45? I'm in the process of building mine now and can't decide if I should make all the cuts at 22.5 or only cut your circled area's at a 45.

Comment

Make all cuts 22 1/2 degrees.

Comment

Working...
                      X