I love them all great and small

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love them all great and small

I was a little surprised to see my buddy Styme's truck when I came in the gate. I saw where he had unloaded his 4 wheeler so I was sure he had went to one of the stands in the bottom. I parked my truck and headed out for a tripod stand about a 1/2 mile in. Much to my dismay, when I topped the long hill I found Styme's 4 wheeler. He was already in the tripod. It was still 3 hours before dark so I headed west to a stand in a big power line. I was about 100 yards from the stand when hogs came pouring out from both sides of the clearing two big sows, 8 or 10 40 pounders and 1 big boar. I was stuck out in the open with nothing to do but hunker down and wait. After about 10 minutes they left headed up the hill. We have another feeder set up about a mile to the south so I double timed it back up the hill hoping to beat them to it. I had just turned down the trail leading to the stand when I heard a fight break out, They had beat me to the feeder. This time I did have a little cover so I dropped my pack an slipped an arrow from the quiver. Keeping my eye on the big sow, I put the starvation slid on the hogs as the splashed and fought under the feeder. I was 25 yards away when the sow figured me out and with a deep growl headed away in a trot. I was surprised when one of the eating size pigs circled back. It only took a second for the rest of the little ones to join him in the mud hole. When the whole world blurred out but for a shinny place on the side of one facing away from me I knew I could make the shot, even though it was a little further than I like. The 74# Black widow buried the 700 grain arrow to the feathers. I backed up to a tree and waited a long 30 minutes before taking up the trail. She had made it about 30 yards into the brush with the arrow going in behind the ribs on one side and out in front of the off side shoulder. I just love spring.
    32432.jpeg

Dang you're tumping them over out there...let me know when you need some help.

BTW, what's that on them limbs?

Comment

come up tomorrow if you want

Comment

thats fake copper head skins. I messed the real ones up and had sanded my limbs. So I had to do something
        1 147 (Medium).jpg
        Last edited by Buff; 06-01-2007, 10:22 PM.

Comment

That's awesome Buff!

Comment

Way to go Buff. Those hog hunt's of yours sound exciting. I always look forward to reading new post from you about whatever kind of hunt'n it is your doing.
            Keep it up !!!

Comment

Good Deal Buff. Hey, which Wida is that ???

Comment

You really have a way of making a short story fun to read. I think you should write a book on your hunts. I'm being serious on this because I believe this type of book would sell. I know I would buy one for the coffee table.

Comment

me too mojo and congrats on that little porker Marty

Comment

Buff was this in Rotan? You ever want company no one of your trips and can't find anyone, give me a shout.

Dang, boy, you wear the pigs OUT!!!

Comment

No it was at my place in Pittsburg... Ragin it is my new 74# SAIII so far I have carried it to the woods twice and killed something both times. I guess you can assume I like it.

Comment

Buff,

I hope my wife is as understanding as your's one of these days when the moons align and I get the opportunity to hunt as much as you.

Great job, keep'em coming.

Comment

They seem to get a little easier to deal with after the kids grow up and move off

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
                            No it was at my place in Pittsburg... Ragin it is my new 74# SAIII so far I have carried it to the woods twice and killed something both times. I guess you can assume I like it.

I'd say so. Gonna look at the Wida's hard when I do get to get anuther Lbow...

Comment

The skins may be fake.but they sure look purdy on that widow.Nice job Buff.

Comment

Working...
                              X