No announcement yet.

Best hunting lease you've been on.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Easy. 18 years with a couple good friends on atascosa river.
    Small lease, but a variety of species, huge genetics and best landowner ever.
    He passed away and I left to hunt a bigger place with a good friend. More remote and very relaxing.

Comment

I have only been on two. I have had one for 28 years and this could be our last year. 10,000 acres and only 10 guys. Has pretty good numbers of White Tail I thing the biggest scored 161. Has a good population of Mule deer but no giants. Bob's and blue Quail, dove, turkey, and of course pigs. Only 20 minutes from town so that is nice. Owner passed away and it is for sale.
      I just got a new place last year. It's 10,000 acres with everything the other place has but better Mule deer and Quail. Place has very good water and it just needs some TLC to make it a great White Tail ranch. Owners do not live here but have a lodge on the ranch. I am going to sign a 5 year contract this year.

Comment

My best lease was so good I ended up buying the place.

Comment

My favorite place to hunt, was a 1500 ac. ranch we guided and hunted on when I was a kid. It was outside of Encinal. Huge bucks, decent pig population, thousands of javelina, quite a few cougars, lots of both blue quail and bobwhite quail. It was surrounded by two very large ranches.

My favorite lease we leased, had to be one of the multiple places we leased from a family friend around Big Wells. Saw some big bucks, killed some nice deer, killed a lot of pigs, was some good hunting, but still nothing like the place outside of Encinal.

Comment

Only been on one lease. Fredericksburg. Going on 20 something years. Great land owners, lots of deer and good campfires.

Comment

The one im on in mason county,good hunting ,good friends,been their 20 years

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                Maverick county next to the Holden lease. Killed a B&C book deer my last year hunting there. I only got off cause I bought my own ranch. I’ve killed bigger and better deer on my place. I’d still be hunting there otherwise. Good friends still have the lease.
                Same. Awesome place next to the Chittim and Comanche.

Comment

The one I hunt muleys on late winter every year in the western part of the state. Near 100k acres altogether, the ranchers family settled the country and chased the Indians off of back in the day, and they treat my family as if we were family. Great big muley bucks, comfortable beds to sleep in, home cooked meals at the table every time you sit at it, warm shower to wash the sand out of your ears after glassing all day, and my little girl plays with their youngest like they are sisters. No trail cams, no fancy feed stations, very few barbed wire fences, truly a rough country adventure every time you strike out to glass up bucks. Some of the best in the state......

Comment

Las Ecobas Ranch in Starr County.

Comment

My 179 acres that I own. No drama, no issues and my rules. Feels good to do work on it and know it will be there in the future. Deer hunting is good, also ducks.

Comment

The one I’ve been on since 1999.

Comment

My current lease. Everyone gets along, every stand is a community stand. No getting butthurt over certain deer because there are very few trophies. Lots of deer at every sit, not a soul around unless border patrol comes through. House with a hot shower and kitchen.

7 miles of lake amistad frontage doesn’t hurt, either.

Comment

Mainly grew up hunting family land in Jack Cty. Got married and first ever lease was 1000 acres in Coleman. First year tons of deer and even watched (2) 140"-150" bucks chase a doe in a wheat field. Never did shoot. For the next 3-4 yrs the drought killed it. Dang good dove hunting though!

Best place would have to be my home place now! Dream for me.

Comment

My favorite one as far big deer go was the one I had near barnhart, tx. My true favorite is the one I am on now in Paint Rock, tx. Mainly cause it is family oriented. Family and friends are more important to me these days than big deer. I mainly spend bow season trying to get my deer, I spend the rest of season trying to get my boys one.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Hoghunter View Post
                                I was on a good one down around Teague for a number of years. It was great mainly because of a fellow named Jimmy Brown that passed way to young. After that the one I am currently on outside of Harper is great. Lots of deer and a rancher that knows and trust us. We take great care of his place and he appreciates that. The only problem is he gave ownership of the ranch to his kids. Twice now we have been told that it is sold by his son only to find out that it was not. I really think this might be our last year on the place but I am hoping for a few more.

-john
                                Jimmy Browns son teaches science for me, the Brown family is good people.....

Comment

Working...
                                X