Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Current Events - Politics and Such
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2016, 12:24 PM   #151
Shane
Pope & Young
 
Shane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Abilene, TX
Hunt In: Mismatched camo
Default

The Clintons' records do speak for themselves. That doesn't change the fact that Trump is just like them though. That's the problem.

After we screwed up a golden opportunity in the GOP primary, the damage is done, I'm afraid. Unless somebody can figure out how to get a decent nominee out of the GOP convention while uniting all the GOP voters, it probably doesn't matter much who wins in November. I don't see how that is possible at this point though.
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-05-2016, 12:27 PM   #152
Clay C
Ten Point
 
Clay C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Conroe
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane View Post
The Clintons' records do speak for themselves. That doesn't change the fact that Trump is just like them though. That's the problem.

After we screwed up a golden opportunity in the GOP primary, the damage is done, I'm afraid. Unless somebody can figure out how to get a decent nominee out of the GOP convention while uniting all the GOP voters, it probably doesn't matter much who wins in November. I don't see how that is possible at this point though.
The thing I can't reconcile with him is his personal relationship with the Clintons. Calling them things like "Wonderful" and "Terrific" people while he was being asked his thoughts on her record as SOS.
Clay C is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-05-2016, 12:54 PM   #153
Shane
Pope & Young
 
Shane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Abilene, TX
Hunt In: Mismatched camo
Default

He's clearly one of them. He's clearly not one of us.

Which one of them would be able to do the least amount of damage and be the most likely to not be reelected in 4 years?
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-05-2016, 01:02 PM   #154
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young
 
ttaxidermy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Brazoria county
Hunt In: Brady,McCulloch Cnty, Brazoria cnty, South Africa, Namibia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane View Post
He's clearly one of them. He's clearly not one of us.

Which one of them would be able to do the least amount of damage and be the most likely to not be reelected in 4 years?
To be so sure you must have some examples.
Has he ever beened involved in any of the numerous scandals, that are detrimental to this country and its people, such as the ones surrounding the Clintons??
Has he ever put American lives in danger? Has he ever aided our enemies?

I would like to hear how they are one I the same..
ttaxidermy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-05-2016, 01:10 PM   #155
Shane
Pope & Young
 
Shane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Abilene, TX
Hunt In: Mismatched camo
Default

Trump's record speaks for itself too. I'm sick of talking about it. We've covered it. He's corrupt. He hasn't done the exact same things that Hillary has done. She hasn't done the exact same things Trump has done. But they're both incredibly corrupt liars who don't deserve any consideration whatsoever for the highest office in this great land, and it's a crying shame and an enormous embarrassment that either one of them are even mentioned in the same breath as the two words "presidential election".

You either recognize it for what it is, or you look past it in hopes that he truly means what he says recently and will be a new man once the election is over. I believe his record, not his recent speeches. I truly hope I'm wrong about him. I could be. But he'll have to truly be a changed man at this late stage in his life for me to be wrong about him. It's possible. Not likely, but possible.

I get the visceral hatred for Hillary. I share it. I'm just not blinded by it.
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-05-2016, 01:14 PM   #156
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young
 
ttaxidermy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Brazoria county
Hunt In: Brady,McCulloch Cnty, Brazoria cnty, South Africa, Namibia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane View Post
Trump's record speaks for itself too. I'm sick of talking about it. We've covered it. He's corrupt. He hasn't done the exact same things that Hillary has done. She hasn't done the exact same things Trump has done. But they're both incredibly corrupt liars who don't deserve any consideration whatsoever for the highest office in this great land, and it's a crying shame that either one of them are even mentioned in the same breath as the two words "presidential election".

You either recognize it for what it is, or you look past it in hopes that he truly means what he says recently and will be a new man once the election is over. I believe his record, not his recent speeches. I truly hope I'm wrong about him. I could be. But he'll have to truly be a changed man at this late stage in his life for me to be wrong about him. It's possible. Not likely, but possible.

I get the visceral hatred for Hillary. I share it. I'm just not blinded by it.
Im not blinded by it either and every politician is corrupt to a degree.

The Clintons evil doings far out weigh anything that Trump could conger up.
To say that they are one I the same is a stretch..
Like you say. Records speak for themselves.
ttaxidermy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-05-2016, 01:15 PM   #157
Shane
Pope & Young
 
Shane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Abilene, TX
Hunt In: Mismatched camo
Default

One of us is definitely wrong about Trump. I sincerely hope it's me.
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-05-2016, 01:54 PM   #158
Ironman
Pope & Young
 
Ironman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Northern Wise County
Hunt In: Anywhere
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane View Post
One of us is definitely wrong about Trump. I sincerely hope it's me.
I hope you are too Shane, but I have felt Trump was a Democrat plant from the git go.
Ironman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-05-2016, 02:23 PM   #159
KR-oldmexico
Pope & Young
 
KR-oldmexico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Groesbeck, Tx
Hunt In: South Texas & Old Mexico
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane View Post
Yes sir, I understand completely how terrible Hillary is. But I also can see that Trump is the exact same kind of snake. Trump hasn't had the opportunity to do the kinds of things that Hillary has done in politics yet, because he hasn't been in politics. But he's the exact same kind of crooked, lying, do-anything-for-money-and-power kind of person that the Clintons are.

Looking backward, anyone who can fog a mirror can see that Hillary is terrible. I'm trying to look ahead to figure out which one of these two slimeballs will do the least damage and be the easiest to get rid of after 4 years instead of 8. If you don't get fixated on "oh, God! Anybody but Hillary!!!!", you can see that it's pretty difficult to tell which one of the two choices might be worse and which one might be the lesser of two extremely bad evils. Trump is more like Bill than he is like Hillary. She's a lot meaner than Bill, but she's inept. Bill was more dangerous because he was better at charm and deception. They're both terrible, just different personalities and styles in getting there.
So based on this post your are actually considering voting for Hillary???

I cannot understand this at all and based on all of your post and knowledge I've seen in the past here this truly is shocking and disappointing!!
KR-oldmexico is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-05-2016, 02:25 PM   #160
Shane
Pope & Young
 
Shane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Abilene, TX
Hunt In: Mismatched camo
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KR-oldmexico View Post
So based on this post your are actually considering voting for Hillary???

I cannot understand this at all and based on all of your post and knowledge I've seen in the past here this truly is shocking and disappointing!!
Of course I'm not voting for Hillary. Where did I ever say that?

I may not vote for either one of them, but I'll never vote for Hillary unless I get a vote on a jury that is considering who needs to be sent to prison for life.
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-05-2016, 02:29 PM   #161
Shane
Pope & Young
 
Shane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Abilene, TX
Hunt In: Mismatched camo
Default

Today I don't yet know what I will do in the Presidential race in November. I'll definitely be voting for the most conservative candidates I can find in all the other races on the ballot.
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-05-2016, 02:33 PM   #162
KR-oldmexico
Pope & Young
 
KR-oldmexico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Groesbeck, Tx
Hunt In: South Texas & Old Mexico
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane View Post
Of course I'm not voting for Hillary. Where did I ever say that?

I may not vote for either one of them, but I'll never vote for Hillary unless I get a vote on a jury that is considering who needs to be sent to prison for life.
I'm trying to look ahead to figure out which one of these two slimeballs will do the least damage and be the easiest to get rid of after 4 years instead of 8. If you don't get fixated on "oh, God! Anybody but Hillary!!!!", you can see that it's pretty difficult to tell which one of the two choices might be worse and which one might be the lesser of two extremely bad evils.

Sounds like you're considering it to me!! I would surely hope not!!

Both side of the isle are screwed up and he just might wake all these Washington Bureaucrats up and do whats best for the country moving forward!! Trump may not be the best man for the job but the people have spoken on the GOP side like it or not! I didn't vote for him in the primaries but he's my man now 100%....

I don't even see how anyone with any sense could go any other direction!! there is only 2 choices and he's **** sure the better one!!
KR-oldmexico is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-05-2016, 02:49 PM   #163
Shane
Pope & Young
 
Shane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Abilene, TX
Hunt In: Mismatched camo
Default

Like I said, I never said I'm considering voting for Hillary. You just misunderstand my opinions and statements.

Even if I thought that Hillary was the lesser of these two evils, I could never bring myself to actually cast a vote for her. My opinion of Trump isn't much different. It's OK if you disagree or don't understand my thinking. I'm just some guy on an internet forum.
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-05-2016, 03:05 PM   #164
VarmintRod
Four Point
 
VarmintRod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Colleyville, TX
Hunt In: Colorado, New Mexico, Montana
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerp View Post
Trump-mania will pass. His brash style and media bashing has tapped a vein in certain parts of the electorate who are frustrated with illegal immigration and the MSM. His campaign has no legs long term because there is no there, there. He speaks conservatism as a second language and doesn't know what he doesn't know. Watching him lob grenades has been fun, I must admit. I may be wrong but I will be surprised if he follows through with the third party threat. My guess is when he starts lagging in the polls and the media turns their attention elsewhere he will get bored and go on to something else.
Spot on.....
VarmintRod is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-05-2016, 04:15 PM   #165
RiverRat1
Pope & Young
 
RiverRat1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Leander
Hunt In: San Saba
Default

Shane, I know you said it's been talked about before but what did Trump do that's so bad?

I hate them both BTW... I've seen Hillary do many many bad things that she should be in prison for.

I can't think of anything Trump did that warrants jail time. I'm not advocating voting for either one BTW But I would like to hear what Trump has done and not things just this election has brought up (assuming things have come up, been made up or exaggerated in this last year by political parties).
RiverRat1 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-05-2016, 04:40 PM   #166
Shane
Pope & Young
 
Shane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Abilene, TX
Hunt In: Mismatched camo
Default

No offense, brother, but seriously.... I understand that Trump (as far as we know) hasn't gotten people killed or committed treason. I'm not saying Trump has done all the same things Hillary has done. I'm saying that he will be just as corrupt, probably financially rather than murderously or whatever, but equally corrupt and equally bad for the nation and the Constitution. He's just as corrupt as she is. He will show it in different ways, but the overall end result will be the same for those of us who value the Constitution.

Read through all the million other Trump threads on here to get an idea of all the things that I and others don't like about Trump and his past history. I'm, personally, sick of talking about it. It does no good at all. The folks who support him just blow it off and say, "Yeah, but Hillary!!!!!". It doesn't matter if I spent a few hours typing it all out again.

Trump is a serial liar with a very checkered past record. He is completely untrustworthy, as evidenced by all his past flip flops and lies. How anyone can place their hope in him is beyond my comprehension. It just boils down to people being so terrified of Hillary that they'll accept any alternative. I can understand that to a point, but it seems foolish to me to blindly trust someone who is clearly equally corrupt. But that's just me.

Regardless, I'm sick of talking about Trump. I don't know anyone who hasn't already formed an opinion of him, good or bad, that they would consider changing.
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-05-2016, 04:43 PM   #167
iamntxhunter
Pope & Young
 
iamntxhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Dallas
Hunt In: North Texas
Default

Shane..brother I feel you and know where you are coming from but you must know not voting for Trump is a vote for Shillary by default.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
iamntxhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-05-2016, 04:59 PM   #168
Shane
Pope & Young
 
Shane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Abilene, TX
Hunt In: Mismatched camo
Default

Jonah Goldberg wrote this today, and I couldn't say it any better than he did.

http://www.nationalreview.com/g-file...oming-unmoored

Truth matters. I'm not going to rally around a corrupt slimeball just because his name isn't Hillary.

Hopefully, however this election turns out, the Republican Party will cease to exist very soon, and we can find some way to unite around Constitutional principles somehow. If we don't do that, it really doesn't matter who is in office. It will be somebody that's corrupt, and we'll all suffer the consequences for it anyway.

Governor Abbott's plan for a Constitutional Convention is the best idea anyone has right now. Surely all of us that care about freedom and liberty (even the Trumpsters) can rally around that. We need more limits on government at every level, not just a different power hungry occupant in the Oval Office.
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-05-2016, 05:05 PM   #169
Shane
Pope & Young
 
Shane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Abilene, TX
Hunt In: Mismatched camo
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamntxhunter View Post
Shane..brother I feel you and know where you are coming from but you must know not voting for Trump is a vote for Shillary by default.
I'm confident that somewhere in the great state of Texas, there is a Blue Dog Democrat that won't vote for Hillary either, and he/she will cancel my "vote for Hillary" out with his/her "vote for Trump".

(If I end up deciding to not vote for either of them, that is.)
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-05-2016, 05:38 PM   #170
Thundervee
Ten Point
 
Thundervee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Shepherd, Tx
Hunt In: Edwards co. Shelby co.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VarmintRod View Post
Spot on.....


Not really. That was posted a year ago


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thundervee is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-05-2016, 06:14 PM   #171
RiverRat1
Pope & Young
 
RiverRat1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Leander
Hunt In: San Saba
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane View Post
No offense, brother, but seriously.... I understand that Trump (as far as we know) hasn't gotten people killed or committed treason. I'm not saying Trump has done all the same things Hillary has done. I'm saying that he will be just as corrupt, probably financially rather than murderously or whatever, but equally corrupt and equally bad for the nation and the Constitution. He's just as corrupt as she is. He will show it in different ways, but the overall end result will be the same for those of us who value the Constitution.

Read through all the million other Trump threads on here to get an idea of all the things that I and others don't like about Trump and his past history. I'm, personally, sick of talking about it. It does no good at all. The folks who support him just blow it off and say, "Yeah, but Hillary!!!!!". It doesn't matter if I spent a few hours typing it all out again.

Trump is a serial liar with a very checkered past record. He is completely untrustworthy, as evidenced by all his past flip flops and lies. How anyone can place their hope in him is beyond my comprehension. It just boils down to people being so terrified of Hillary that they'll accept any alternative. I can understand that to a point, but it seems foolish to me to blindly trust someone who is clearly equally corrupt. But that's just me.

Regardless, I'm sick of talking about Trump. I don't know anyone who hasn't already formed an opinion of him, good or bad, that they would consider changing.
You just met one. I've stayed out of politics as much as I could. I'll probably back off back under my rock soon so I don't go crazy.

I don't trust Trump. I don't trust any politician or super rich business man.
At this point after seeing Hillary get off yet again I'd vote for Obama again over her I mean seriously I've never see such scary pull..or bribes..or whatever she and her husband do to get away with anything. It's sickening.

I wasn't asking for hours of typing, just a few words. Big scandal names I can look up for Trump. With Hillary it's easy Benghazi, classified emails, Bill (lol)
RiverRat1 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-05-2016, 06:19 PM   #172
RiverRat1
Pope & Young
 
RiverRat1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Leander
Hunt In: San Saba
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane View Post
Jonah Goldberg wrote this today, and I couldn't say it any better than he did.

http://www.nationalreview.com/g-file...oming-unmoored

Truth matters. I'm not going to rally around a corrupt slimeball just because his name isn't Hillary.

Hopefully, however this election turns out, the Republican Party will cease to exist very soon, and we can find some way to unite around Constitutional principles somehow. If we don't do that, it really doesn't matter who is in office. It will be somebody that's corrupt, and we'll all suffer the consequences for it anyway.

Governor Abbott's plan for a Constitutional Convention is the best idea anyone has right now. Surely all of us that care about freedom and liberty (even the Trumpsters) can rally around that. We need more limits on government at every level, not just a different power hungry occupant in the Oval Office.
I wrote a couple years ago that it was best to slide off the edge sooner rather than later. Every year that goes by we lose more old fashioned down to earth Americans..and gain more liberal ideals.

So it may be time to bring on the worst.
RiverRat1 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-05-2016, 06:23 PM   #173
Shane
Pope & Young
 
Shane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Abilene, TX
Hunt In: Mismatched camo
Default

The fact that our nation has put forth Hillary, Trump and Johnson as the top choices for President tells me that we're off the edge already. What an embarrassment for our nation.
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-05-2016, 06:29 PM   #174
BoneDigger
Pope & Young
 
BoneDigger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Lindale/Tyler
Default

I have said it before, and I'll say it again: Never Trump! I won't vote for Hillary or Trump. I'm not sure if I'll vote for Johnson or somebody else, but it won't be either of those two. Trump as president would be a tragedy for this country. Even worse than Hillary in many ways.
BoneDigger is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-05-2016, 06:34 PM   #175
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young
 
ttaxidermy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Brazoria county
Hunt In: Brady,McCulloch Cnty, Brazoria cnty, South Africa, Namibia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneDigger View Post
I have said it before, and I'll say it again: Never Trump! I won't vote for Hillary or Trump. I'm not sure if I'll vote for Johnson or somebody else, but it won't be either of those two. Trump as president would be a tragedy for this country. Even worse than Hillary in many ways.
Name 3.
ttaxidermy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-05-2016, 06:37 PM   #176
KR-oldmexico
Pope & Young
 
KR-oldmexico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Groesbeck, Tx
Hunt In: South Texas & Old Mexico
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane View Post
Like I said, I never said I'm considering voting for Hillary. You just misunderstand my opinions and statements.

Even if I thought that Hillary was the lesser of these two evils, I could never bring myself to actually cast a vote for her. My opinion of Trump isn't much different. It's OK if you disagree or don't understand my thinking. I'm just some guy on an internet forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane View Post
No offense, brother, but seriously.... I understand that Trump (as far as we know) hasn't gotten people killed or committed treason. I'm not saying Trump has done all the same things Hillary has done. I'm saying that he will be just as corrupt, probably financially rather than murderously or whatever, but equally corrupt and equally bad for the nation and the Constitution. He's just as corrupt as she is. He will show it in different ways, but the overall end result will be the same for those of us who value the Constitution.

Read through all the million other Trump threads on here to get an idea of all the things that I and others don't like about Trump and his past history. I'm, personally, sick of talking about it. It does no good at all. The folks who support him just blow it off and say, "Yeah, but Hillary!!!!!". It doesn't matter if I spent a few hours typing it all out again.

Trump is a serial liar with a very checkered past record. He is completely untrustworthy, as evidenced by all his past flip flops and lies. How anyone can place their hope in him is beyond my comprehension. It just boils down to people being so terrified of Hillary that they'll accept any alternative. I can understand that to a point, but it seems foolish to me to blindly trust someone who is clearly equally corrupt. But that's just me.

Regardless, I'm sick of talking about Trump. I don't know anyone who hasn't already formed an opinion of him, good or bad, that they would consider changing.
I don't necessarily disagree with you on Trump at all but I guess you can put me in that "yea but Hillary" category for sure....... I'm far from a Trumpster and never dreamed he'd make it this far. I guess you can say until November I've never casted a vote in his direction... I was a Cruz guy but that didn't work out! He IMO is the next and only choice left.

I respect what you post and enjoy reading your opinions on these matters! Keep it up!
KR-oldmexico is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-05-2016, 06:39 PM   #177
Artos
Pope & Young
 
Artos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Deep South TX
Hunt In: Deep South TX
Default

I'm not a fan and we have been doing this dance for a while now...most of us understand where we are with Trump & not going to rehash why he wasn't my primary.


The main thing for me & where Shane and I have a little gap in out thinking is simply the total amount of evil that witch has shown with her total brazen indifference to the whole process...I really think she would pee on the constitution if she could gain an ounce of power. I really think she has no interest in the what our founding fathers intended in regards to what freedom stands for & defending the republic.

I guess what i'm trying to say is what do you honestly feel Hillary would put into place if she could make her own path without any resistance?? I may be missing it, but I do not think Trump carries anything near to what her true beliefs are. I do not feel she has any value for what so many of us hold sacred. She scares me...a lot. Don has his issues but I do not get that he wants or would do anywhere near the same damage.

Now if his whole angle was to get the Clinton's back into the driver's seat, then we have deeper issues.

I watched this show the other day & tend to forget how powerful some of the verbiage is in the greatest document ever written by man...I wonder just how far things will have to get pushed for us to push back again. Scary times.


Sorta hit a chord with me & thought I would share.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsc1H_AwKtw
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-05-2016, 06:39 PM   #178
BoneDigger
Pope & Young
 
BoneDigger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Lindale/Tyler
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttaxidermy View Post
Name 3.
Name 3? Three what?
BoneDigger is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-05-2016, 06:53 PM   #179
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young
 
ttaxidermy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Brazoria county
Hunt In: Brady,McCulloch Cnty, Brazoria cnty, South Africa, Namibia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneDigger View Post
Name 3? Three what?
You say "worse than Hillary in MANY ways"

Name 3. Heck just name 2.
ttaxidermy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-05-2016, 07:15 PM   #180
BoneDigger
Pope & Young
 
BoneDigger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Lindale/Tyler
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttaxidermy View Post
You say "worse than Hillary in MANY ways"

Name 3. Heck just name 2.
I'd be happy to do so:

Trump has no experience with working with foreign powers. Hillary has tons of experience here. Trump quite often says things to **** off foreign leaders. Hillary has many bad sides, but she is generally better at dealing with foreign governments. Trump only experience here comes from financial dealings, such as opening golf courses.

Trump is a wild card. The reality is that nobody here knows WHAT he believes or what he will do. He has a habit of "mispeaking" being "misunderstood" or simply walking back what he said. In other words, he says what he is thinking at that moment without thinking it through. It's frustrating in an election, but if he were president, his little remarks can cause serious problems. Hillary is a liar, but at least you know where she stands on most topics.

Trump's biggest asset is his understanding of finances. Yet, he has been plagued with issues even in that regard. His "little loan" of a million dollars shows that he has been fed with a silver spoon. He employes illegals and has probably committed fraud with his university. He comes up with stupid remarks like "We'll make Mexico pay for it!" or plans to build a huge wall with no real idea how he would pay for it. In reality, you could compare that to Bernie Sanders and his "free college" crap with no real idea of how to pay for it. Trump "appears" to be pro war but also says he will reduce debt. War is expensive!

Hillary is a true democrat. You may disagree with her beliefs, but she stays true to her democratic underpinnings. Trump has supported democrats and has threatened to go third party if not nominated. Many Republicans say he isn't a republican and isn't truly conservative. That's HIS OWN PARTY!

The whole "anybody but Hillary" thing is just so annoying. You guys are willing to vote for somebody you don't like or trust, just because you are scared of Hillary. Perhaps instead of giving up your morals, you could just say heck no to Trump, the greatest con artist of recent history. He's about to con America into voting for him without even once saying anything meaningful.
BoneDigger is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-05-2016, 07:23 PM   #181
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young
 
ttaxidermy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Brazoria county
Hunt In: Brady,McCulloch Cnty, Brazoria cnty, South Africa, Namibia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneDigger View Post
I'd be happy to do so:

Trump has no experience with working with foreign powers. Hillary has tons of experience here. Trump quite often says things to **** off foreign leaders. Hillary has many bad sides, but she is generally better at dealing with foreign governments. Trump only experience here comes from financial dealings, such as opening golf courses.

Trump is a wild card. The reality is that nobody here knows WHAT he believes or what he will do. He has a habit of "mispeaking" being "misunderstood" or simply walking back what he said. In other words, he says what he is thinking at that moment without thinking it through. It's frustrating in an election, but if he were president, his little remarks can cause serious problems. Hillary is a liar, but at least you know where she stands on most topics.

Trump's biggest asset is his understanding of finances. Yet, he has been plagued with issues even in that regard. His "little loan" of a million dollars shows that he has been fed with a silver spoon. He employes illegals and has probably committed fraud with his university. He comes up with stupid remarks like "We'll make Mexico pay for it!" or plans to build a huge wall with no real idea how he would pay for it. In reality, you could compare that to Bernie Sanders and his "free college" crap with no real idea of how to pay for it. Trump "appears" to be pro war but also says he will reduce debt. War is expensive!

Hillary is a true democrat. You may disagree with her beliefs, but she stays true to her democratic underpinnings. Trump has supported democrats and has threatened to go third party if not nominated. Many Republicans say he isn't a republican and isn't truly conservative. That's HIS OWN PARTY!

The whole "anybody but Hillary" thing is just so annoying. You guys are willing to vote for somebody you don't like or trust, just because you are scared of Hillary. Perhaps instead of giving up your morals, you could just say heck no to Trump, the greatest con artist of recent history. He's about to con America into voting for him without even once saying anything meaningful.
Seriously. That's what makes him much worse..?????
I thought you had the goods on the guy..
Nevermind.
ttaxidermy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-05-2016, 07:51 PM   #182
Shane
Pope & Young
 
Shane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Abilene, TX
Hunt In: Mismatched camo
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artos View Post
I'm not a fan and we have been doing this dance for a while now...most of us understand where we are with Trump & not going to rehash why he wasn't my primary.


The main thing for me & where Shane and I have a little gap in out thinking is simply the total amount of evil that witch has shown with her total brazen indifference to the whole process...I really think she would pee on the constitution if she could gain an ounce of power. I really think she has no interest in the what our founding fathers intended in regards to what freedom stands for & defending the republic.
I agree with your assessment of her. I don't see any gap in our thinking there at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artos View Post
I guess what i'm trying to say is what do you honestly feel Hillary would put into place if she could make her own path without any resistance??
Here's where our gap is though. Hillary will likely face a lot more resistance from Congress than Trump would. That's one reason why she doesn't scare me quite as much as she terrifies a lot of other people. She is hated by most of her own party, much less everyone else. She will certainly have no mandate to do whatever she wants after the election is over (which she will probably win). She will reunite the Republican Party better than Trump or anyone else ever could, and the GOP politicians will definitely be feeling the heat from the public with the 2018 midterms coming along next.

Trump, on the other hand, will be happy to alienate the conservative Republicans and cut deals with the Democrats and progressive RINO Republicans. He won't face any resistance at all, because he won't stand on principle for anything. He'll be glad to scratch whichever backs will scratch his so he can start cashing some of those political bribe checks instead of writing them, for a change.

Also Hillary's track record shows her to be terribly inept at accomplishing anything that she sets out to accomplish. She doesn't have any ability whatsoever to draw people to her. No charisma or leadership skills at all. The more she speaks, the less people like her and want to follow her. She's not as scary as lots of people make her out to be. She's evil, horrible, and scary for sure. But she's definitely not some kind of all powerful and invincible emperor the way some people seem to believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artos View Post
I may be missing it, but I do not think Trump carries anything near to what her true beliefs are. I do not feel she has any value for what so many of us hold sacred. She scares me...a lot. Don has his issues but I do not get that he wants or would do anywhere near the same damage.
True about Hillary, but Trump has no core values at all. That makes him equally dangerous. He'd sell out his own mother if he got an opportunity to capitalize on it for personal gain. He brags about cutting deals, and he would have no problem cutting deals with folks like Hillary on the left. He's in it to cash in and to help his kids cash in more than anything else, I imagine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artos View Post
Now if his whole angle was to get the Clinton's back into the driver's seat, then we have deeper issues.
If that is truly his whole purpose in all of this, it's mostly just a way for him to get paid. But even if he started out with that in mind, I'm sure he is now in it to win it if possible. He could cash in a lot more if he wins. He'd have no trouble stabbing the Clintons or anyone else in the back if he decides it would be more profitable for him to do so. I don't think he has any ideological political goals at all one way or another. He's just all about personal gain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artos View Post
I watched this show the other day & tend to forget how powerful some of the verbiage is in the greatest document ever written by man...I wonder just how far things will have to get pushed for us to push back again. Scary times.


Sorta hit a chord with me & thought I would share.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsc1H_AwKtw
Good stuff. I wish a large majority of Americans agreed.

Last edited by Shane; 07-05-2016 at 07:53 PM.
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-05-2016, 08:36 PM   #183
BoneDigger
Pope & Young
 
BoneDigger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Lindale/Tyler
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttaxidermy View Post
Seriously. That's what makes him much worse..?????
I thought you had the goods on the guy..
Nevermind.
Yes, the very real possibility of him launching us into a third World War makes him a very POOR choice.
BoneDigger is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-05-2016, 09:01 PM   #184
batmaninja
Ten Point
 
batmaninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Hunt In: Hill Country
Default

Trump is the only chance we got. Today just shows how tainted things are. There is no more checks and balances. I hope he goes in there and fires most of them. At $19T in debt, I don't see how he could possibly bamboozle Americans any more than they have been, by the current bureaucrats. The entire system is broken. No GOP or independent is riding in on a white horse to save us.

The stuff that Trump may do doesn't scare me of what has already happened. Hillary has been crowed queen, what deals do you think she has cut to get there. She flew to a campaign rally in AF1? Got millions from foreign government? Lied to the public and to the feds about sending classified docs? Even Bernie supports can see this, but yea, lets speculate about what Trump could possibly do.
batmaninja is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-05-2016, 09:35 PM   #185
BoneDigger
Pope & Young
 
BoneDigger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Lindale/Tyler
Default

Again, whatever makes you sleep best at night. I personally refuse to vote for Trump.
BoneDigger is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-05-2016, 09:48 PM   #186
kenfa03
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Leon County
Hunt In: Hardin, Crockett Counties
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane View Post
I agree with your assessment of her. I don't see any gap in our thinking there at all.



Here's where our gap is though. Hillary will likely face a lot more resistance from Congress than Trump would. That's one reason why she doesn't scare me quite as much as she terrifies a lot of other people. She is hated by most of her own party, much less everyone else. She will certainly have no mandate to do whatever she wants after the election is over (which she will probably win). She will reunite the Republican Party better than Trump or anyone else ever could, and the GOP politicians will definitely be feeling the heat from the public with the 2018 midterms coming along next.

Trump, on the other hand, will be happy to alienate the conservative Republicans and cut deals with the Democrats and progressive RINO Republicans. He won't face any resistance at all, because he won't stand on principle for anything. He'll be glad to scratch whichever backs will scratch his so he can start cashing some of those political bribe checks instead of writing them, for a change.

Also Hillary's track record shows her to be terribly inept at accomplishing anything that she sets out to accomplish. She doesn't have any ability whatsoever to draw people to her. No charisma or leadership skills at all. The more she speaks, the less people like her and want to follow her. She's not as scary as lots of people make her out to be. She's evil, horrible, and scary for sure. But she's definitely not some kind of all powerful and invincible emperor the way some people seem to believe.



True about Hillary, but Trump has no core values at all. That makes him equally dangerous. He'd sell out his own mother if he got an opportunity to capitalize on it for personal gain. He brags about cutting deals, and he would have no problem cutting deals with folks like Hillary on the left. He's in it to cash in and to help his kids cash in more than anything else, I imagine.



If that is truly his whole purpose in all of this, it's mostly just a way for him to get paid. But even if he started out with that in mind, I'm sure he is now in it to win it if possible. He could cash in a lot more if he wins. He'd have no trouble stabbing the Clintons or anyone else in the back if he decides it would be more profitable for him to do so. I don't think he has any ideological political goals at all one way or another. He's just all about personal gain.



Good stuff. I wish a large majority of Americans agreed.


So we should give up on the next four years at a minimum? What about SCOTUS that will last our lifetimes?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kenfa03 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-05-2016, 09:51 PM   #187
Shane
Pope & Young
 
Shane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Abilene, TX
Hunt In: Mismatched camo
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenfa03 View Post
So we should give up on the next four years at a minimum? What about SCOTUS that will last our lifetimes?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The SCOTUS was lost when Trump won the GOP primary. He won't nominate strict constitutionalists. At best, he'll nominate moderates (in the process of cutting deals with the Democrats), and those justices will side with the liberals in every case that truly matters. Same result in the end, just a different way of getting there.
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-05-2016, 09:53 PM   #188
Thundervee
Ten Point
 
Thundervee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Shepherd, Tx
Hunt In: Edwards co. Shelby co.
Default

Well sleep tight and bite a hole in your pillow there bonedigger. Killary appreciates your support


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thundervee is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-05-2016, 10:19 PM   #189
BoneDigger
Pope & Young
 
BoneDigger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Lindale/Tyler
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundervee View Post
Well sleep tight and bite a hole in your pillow there bonedigger. Killary appreciates your support


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hillary will not receive my support. As I said earlier, this whole "A vote against Trump is a vote for Hillary" junk is getting old. I refuse to vote for ANY candidate that I think would make a bad president or do harm to this country. The reality is that Texas will go Republican this year and my vote won't count anyway. But I can live better with myself knowing that I did not help him get into office.
BoneDigger is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-05-2016, 10:49 PM   #190
Artos
Pope & Young
 
Artos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Deep South TX
Hunt In: Deep South TX
Default

Thanks for the reply Shane...really appreciate the time taken to punch out your thoughts on the matter.


~~~~~~

I cannot help but think about how critical the scotus choices are here...maybe I'm naive & giving him too much but I really feel his narcissist ways may have him consider a more decent US loving candidate vs. ones the witch would choose to alter the very core of our nation.

I guess this his one area nobody knows...well, at least on one side. Creepy thinking what she could alter by her election.

I just don't understand how so much of the population can support her??
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-06-2016, 06:38 AM   #191
Shane
Pope & Young
 
Shane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Abilene, TX
Hunt In: Mismatched camo
Default

True. She's a complete joke.

Maybe there's an outside chance that Trump will stumble into doing one or two things right here and there.
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-06-2016, 07:07 AM   #192
Danblacksher
Spike
 
Danblacksher's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Default

I really am amazed that people would not vote instead of voting for Trump. Let's us know how easy it is for the Left to take over. So far Trump has said every Suprem Court nominee will be a constitutionalist. Do I believe Trump is perfect, no but I do believe he will build the best team possible. Really amazing, the "I just won't vote" is why we have the president we have now. It's estimated as many as 40 million Christians Did not vote in the last election because they wouldn't vote for Oblunder because he is a Muslim, and wouldn't vote for Romney because he is a Mormon. So the I won't vote for either is The reason have such a corrupt administration in the first place. The fact that Trump says he is a nationalist and clearly Clinton is a globalist should be enough. She gets elected and we will continue to move farther into the UN controlling what we do in this nation.
Danblacksher is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-06-2016, 08:37 AM   #193
Humper
Pope & Young
 
Humper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Corinth
Hunt In: Tom Green Co.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danblacksher View Post
I really am amazed that people would not vote instead of voting for Trump. Let's us know how easy it is for the Left to take over. So far Trump has said every Suprem Court nominee will be a constitutionalist. Do I believe Trump is perfect, no but I do believe he will build the best team possible. Really amazing, the "I just won't vote" is why we have the president we have now. It's estimated as many as 40 million Christians Did not vote in the last election because they wouldn't vote for Oblunder because he is a Muslim, and wouldn't vote for Romney because he is a Mormon. So the I won't vote for either is The reason have such a corrupt administration in the first place. The fact that Trump says he is a nationalist and clearly Clinton is a globalist should be enough. She gets elected and we will continue to move farther into the UN controlling what we do in this nation.
He can't get decent folks to run his tweet program without screwing the pooch...
Humper is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-06-2016, 08:39 AM   #194
Shane
Pope & Young
 
Shane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Abilene, TX
Hunt In: Mismatched camo
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humper View Post
He can't get decent folks to run his tweet program without screwing the pooch...
Yep. And "Trump says...." doesn't mean jack. He says something completely different the next time he opens his mouth.

And we got Obama because GOP primary voters weren't smart enough to nominate a constitutional conservative instead of a sellout moderate. History repeating itself in 2016......

Last edited by Shane; 07-06-2016 at 08:43 AM.
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-06-2016, 08:44 AM   #195
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young
 
ttaxidermy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Brazoria county
Hunt In: Brady,McCulloch Cnty, Brazoria cnty, South Africa, Namibia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane View Post
Yep. And "Trump says...." doesn't mean jack. He says something completely different the next time he opens his mouth.
But his haters also say that he never says anything NEW..!!!! Same thing over and over..
Which is it???
ttaxidermy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-06-2016, 08:56 AM   #196
Ironman
Pope & Young
 
Ironman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Northern Wise County
Hunt In: Anywhere
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttaxidermy View Post
But his haters also say that he never says anything NEW..!!!! Same thing over and over..
Which is it???
Lol! He is always saying something "new" alright.
Ironman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-06-2016, 08:59 AM   #197
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young
 
ttaxidermy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Brazoria county
Hunt In: Brady,McCulloch Cnty, Brazoria cnty, South Africa, Namibia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
Lol! He is always saying something "new" alright.
Y'all fellas really gotta make up your mind.... LOL
ttaxidermy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-06-2016, 09:02 AM   #198
Ironman
Pope & Young
 
Ironman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Northern Wise County
Hunt In: Anywhere
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttaxidermy View Post
Y'all fellas really gotta make up your mind.... LOL
I don't remember anyone saying that Trump doesn't say anything new. What I do remember is people saying he has no substance in what he does say. Big, big difference.
Ironman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-06-2016, 09:40 AM   #199
txjustin
Ten Point
 
txjustin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Rosenberg
Hunt In: Fort Bend and Brazoria Counties
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman View Post
i don't remember anyone saying that trump doesn't say anything new. What i do remember is people saying he has no substance in what he does say. Big, big, big, big, huge, huge, fantastic, yuge difference.
fify :d
txjustin is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-06-2016, 09:43 AM   #200
Ironman
Pope & Young
 
Ironman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Northern Wise County
Hunt In: Anywhere
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by txjustin View Post
fify :d
LMAO!
Ironman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com