Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Current Events - Politics and Such

Old 05-13-2016, 06:26 PM   #1
Rotney
Ten Point

Hunt In: Wherever I can
Default TSA backup

US travelers are in long waiting lines at airports due to TSA. But Jeh Johnson of DHS says be patient.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016...l?intcmp=hpbt3

In the mean time our borders are wide open. No need to check all these illegals. Don't hear oh Jeh boy saying much about this. These liberal azzes are really something.
Rotney is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-13-2016, 07:40 PM   #2
TexaRican
Pope & Young

Hunt In: CO and NM if I'm lucky

Recently signed up for global entry which includes TSA pre check for domestic travel. Great value for sure. Yesterday the regular line at BWI security ran down the hall at least a few hundred people. I had 4 in front of me at the Precheck line. Probably a 45 minute difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TexaRican is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-14-2016, 02:48 AM   #3
100%TtId
Ten Point

I've been in TSA lines recently with less than 50 people ahead of me that took over an hour. This slowdown is on purpose.
100%TtId is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2016, 05:52 PM   #4
Tmag
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Depends on the TPWD draw results!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100%TtId View Post
I've been in TSA lines recently with less than 50 people ahead of me that took over an hour. This slowdown is on purpose.
Kind of what I was thinking, it gives them an excuse to spend more money hiring more people. They still gonna search granny and let the covered up folks waltz on through without a problem.
Tmag is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2016, 06:02 PM   #5
Casey
Administrator

No real issues here in San Antonio today. I dread hitting a bigger airport though. Pre check is the way to go, however.
Casey is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2016, 06:21 PM   #6
Landrover
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wherever & Whenever

Global Entry..............YEP!
Downside is you have to give up personal info to the man. Just a cluster mess either way you look at the issue!
Landrover is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2016, 07:01 PM   #7
100%TtId
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey View Post
No real issues here in San Antonio today. I dread hitting a bigger airport though. Pre check is the way to go, however.
In my experience lately, the worst troublespots are Laguardia, O'hare, Newark, Philly, Austin, and DFW.

Haven't been through Atlanta or LAX recently. IAH, Hobby, and Love haven't been too bad, but I try to fly off-peak hours.
100%TtId is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2016, 07:40 PM   #8
Smell the Glove
Ten Point

Pre check is the way to go.
Smell the Glove is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2016, 07:57 PM   #9
HoustonHunter94
Ten Point

I came in from IAH to San Antonio this morning and it wasn't too bad but still. TSA is a sham all for the illusion of security. Checking old ladies and making sure they get every water bottle and hand lotion bottle from every traveler but I saw something recently that they did a "sting" for lack of a better word and were able to get through like 85% of contraband. Your typical TSA agent doesn't look like they care one bit about anything to do with security.
HoustonHunter94 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-17-2016, 08:09 AM   #10
Casey
Administrator

Why hire more folks? In my experience, which is pretty significant, just put the other 20 standing at security to work by activating all lanes! It's quite simple from what I've seen.
Old 05-17-2016, 08:51 AM   #11
JGreen31
Ten Point

Hunt In: Medina and LaSalle Counties

I finally received my pre check approval in the mail and the first time to get to use it at IAH, they had the precheck line closed and waited almost 45 minutes....
JGreen31 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-17-2016, 09:30 AM   #12
Roscoe
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Coryell County

How long does it typically take to get approved for TSA pre check? Going to be flying several times this year and might as well just do it.
Roscoe is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-17-2016, 09:40 AM   #13
Landrover
Pope & Young

Global Entry trumps Pre Check in access, number of airports and efficiency........and cost $100. It is about a 90 day process as it is tough to get an interview date with your local TSA office personnel. All the information for the 2 or 3 programs is below. Everything is done from this link until your face to face interview.

https://goes-app.cbp.dhs.gov/main/goes
Old 05-17-2016, 10:12 AM   #14
Roscoe
Pope & Young

Thank you sir
Old 05-17-2016, 10:17 AM   #15
Landrover
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe View Post
Thank you sir
No problem sir. Pre Check is now $85.............it used to be FREE!!! What a mess honestly.
Old 05-17-2016, 11:20 AM   #16
Keith
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landrover View Post
Global Entry trumps Pre Check in access, number of airports and efficiency........and cost $100. It is about a 90 day process as it is tough to get an interview date with your local TSA office personnel. All the information for the 2 or 3 programs is below. Everything is done from this link until your face to face interview.

Good information, thanks.
Keith is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-18-2016, 07:18 PM   #17
Casey
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe View Post
How long does it typically take to get approved for TSA pre check? Going to be flying several times this year and might as well just do it.
Took me 4 days.
Old 05-18-2016, 07:51 PM   #18
Roscoe
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey View Post
Took me 4 days.

That's quick! I've done the online part and have appt at Bergstrom on 6/3.
Old 05-18-2016, 09:55 PM   #19
TexaRican
Pope & Young

Hunt In: CO and NM if I'm lucky

I literally could not find an appt inside 3 months at any of the major airports I frequent for global entry. Then finally had one at Bush on the first day of the big flood which obviously did not work out. Walked in the office in E terminal a week later and the guy processed me immediately with no appt.

TexaRican is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-05-2016, 10:54 PM   #20
Landrover
Pope & Young

Lightbulb

UPDATE: Had my interview today for GLOBAL ENTRY! I arrived about 45 minutes early and sat down. Within 10 minutes I was asked into the office. 12 minutes later it was all over!!!! I learned the retina scan program I was in about 7 or 8 years ago is still active in Canada but GLOBAL ENTRY trumps all programs. I do have to add my GLOBAL ENTRY number to my frequent flyer accounts to insure smooth travel. Finger prints and thumb prints of both hands plus a picture! The experience with the TSA personnel was really GREAT. The guys were jovial and very professional......unlike what most of us experience going thru the scanners. I am not for one giving up lots of data "to the man" but travel is part of what we do often and the mess around the globe is putting a strangle on airports! The wait for the live interview today was crazy but the appointment was quite enjoyable. Below, is the info for anyone wanting to get this done!

Quote:

Old 07-06-2016, 06:14 AM   #21
Thundervee
Ten Point

Hunt In: Edwards co. Shelby co.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonHunter94 View Post
TSA is a sham all for the illusion of security.

100% agree.

Just another example of gov. Waste

Thundervee is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-06-2016, 08:16 AM   #22
Humper
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Tom Green Co.

Quote:
UPDATE: Had my interview today for GLOBAL ENTRY! I arrived about 45 minutes early and sat down. Within 10 minutes I was asked into the office. 12 minutes later it was all over!!!! I learned the retina scan program I was in about 7 or 8 years ago is still active in Canada but GLOBAL ENTRY trumps all programs. I do have to add my GLOBAL ENTRY number to my frequent flyer accounts to insure smooth travel. Finger prints and thumb prints of both hands plus a picture! The experience with the TSA personnel was really GREAT. The guys were jovial and very professional......unlike what most of us experience going thru the scanners. I am not for one giving up lots of data "to the man" but travel is part of what we do often and the mess around the globe is putting a strangle on airports! The wait for the live interview today was crazy but the appointment was quite enjoyable. Below, is the info for anyone wanting to get this done!
Just a clarification .... Global Entry is a US Customs and Border Protection program and is recognized by TSA. US Customs administers this program.

https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-t...s/global-entry

Last edited by Humper; 07-06-2016 at 08:19 AM.
Humper is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-06-2016, 08:18 AM   #23
Humper
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Tom Green Co.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundervee View Post
100% agree.

Just another example of gov. Waste

You be amazed of the number of prohibited items including firearms this sham discovers at checkpoints every day. It's a very difficult job that I would never want.
Humper is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top