No announcement yet.

Dem. Candidate commits felony on film

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A lot of gun grabbers have done stuff like this over the years. It's rules for thee not for me. I would almost guarantee that the luxury of ignorance of NFA laws would be afforded to someone proposing gun bans/laws.

Comment

This is totally dumb and anyone who is asking for her head is....

So if she made one more slice thru the receiver then what???

Comment

Originally posted by stickerpatch59 View Post
        since when do you have to intend to break a law to be guilty of breaking the law? if I accidentally run a red light or stop sign, I didn't intend on doing it but I still get a ticket to pay.
        Well, that's what the Director of the FBI said on national tv as an excuse to not pursue Hillary Clinton.I'm with you but there are the way things are supposed to be and the way things are in reality.

DJ

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
          It just becomes a single shot firearm and yes still illegal
          Yes,we already covered that.Thanks

DJ

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post

Normally I'd agree, except people have been thrown in jail for ridiculous NFA violations in the past. They do actually investigate stuff like this posted on the internet. Why should she be any different?

Now if it were up to me, no one would ever be investigated or thrown in jail for something so stupid. The NFA is a ridiculous law.

Comment

Yea, I would throw the Branch Davidians and Ruby Ridge into that pot.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                Normally I'd agree, except people have been thrown in jail for ridiculous NFA violations in the past. They do actually investigate stuff like this posted on the internet. Why should she be any different?

Now if it were up to me, no one would ever be investigated or thrown in jail for something so stupid. The NFA is a ridiculous law.
                She's clearly clueless and the video was a political stunt.
                No DA would be dumb enough to bring this to court because they know it'd be a waste of time.

This wouldnt stand in court because she could easily prove shes probably only touched a gun twice in her life and had no intention of doing anyone harm or even knows what SBR is.

My buddy went to jail over something similar.
                We went shooting at Carter's country before his flight.
                He leaves Carter's and immediately goes to IAH.

Forgets he has his pistol in his carryon.
                It goes thru xray.
                They pull him to the side and he's oblivious.
                Asks if he can just go put it in his car.
                No dice.
                They needed to arrest him and book him.
                He calls our lawyer buddy to meet him at the station.
                Misses flight.
                Thousands of dollars to get the charges dropped.
                Just ridiculous.

Comment

She's clearly clueless and the video was a political stunt.
                  No DA would be dumb enough to bring this to court because they know it'd be a waste of time.

This wouldnt stand in court because she could easily prove shes probably only touched a gun twice in her life and had no intention of doing anyone harm or even knows what SBR is.

My buddy went to jail over something similar.
                  We went shooting at Carter's country before his flight.
                  He leaves Carter's and immediately goes to IAH.

Forgets he has his pistol in his carryon.
                  It goes thru xray.
                  They pull him to the side and he's oblivious.
                  Asks if he can just go put it in his car.
                  No dice.
                  They needed to arrest him and book him.
                  He calls our lawyer buddy to meet him at the station.
                  Misses flight.
                  Thousands of dollars to get the charges dropped.
                  Just ridiculous.
                  What happened to your buddy is ridiculous, but the laws this lady is playing around with are much more serious. They do not play around with NFA laws. What she did carries a penalty of up to ten years in prison, and they do screw people to the wall for violations. People have been prosecuted under NFA for dumber stuff than this. I don't think the NFA should exist, period. It's a dumb law, However, If they can throw bubba in prison for cutting his shotgun barrel and 1/8th inch too short, why does someone get a pass for a political message?

Once again, I don't want her or anyone punished for this BS. I just think laws should be enforced evenly.

Comment

So she gets a pass for being stupid and not knowing gun laws?
                    The same laws she wants to legislate?

One more slice makes it a non operational piece of metal. Her one slice made it an illegal firearm and one that people are currently prosecuted for by our government.

The guy that posted the alligator on Facebook he killed in the river didn’t intend to break the law - yet there was no mercy.

It’s funny the logic and how it’s applied to liberals.

So do they get an exception for just being stupid? Now maybe that is the only thing that may make logical sense.

Comment

stop.. just stop... c'mon... you ALL know the MO....

Comment

Originally posted by TXHunter12 View Post
                        So she gets a pass for being stupid and not knowing gun laws?
                        The same laws she wants to legislate?

One more slice makes it a non operational piece of metal. Her one slice made it an illegal firearm and one that people are currently prosecuted for by our government.

The guy that posted the alligator on Facebook he killed in the river didn’t intend to break the law - yet there was no mercy.

It’s funny the logic and how it’s applied to liberals.

So do they get an exception for just being stupid? Now maybe that is the only thing that may make logical sense.
                        LoL
                        She was dumb and cut the gun in the wrong spot.
                        If she'd cut the receiver in half we wouldn't be having this discussion.

What percentage of the country even know that NFA exists?
                        I understand ignorance is no excuse for the law but ignorance and intent does come into play in criminal cases.
                        That's the difference between voluntary and involuntary manslaughter at times.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                          stop.. just stop... c'mon... you ALL know the MO....
                          Yep! To antagonize!

Comment

Ignorance

Originally posted by stickerpatch59 View Post
                            since when do you have to intend to break a law to be guilty of breaking the law? if I accidentally run a red light or stop sign, I didn't intend on doing it but I still get a ticket to pay.
                            There are two different types of law in the US. Ones that require a mens rea (intent) and the ones that don't. The ones that don't are almost exclusively traffic laws. If you are speeding because you didn't see the speed limit change and didn't mean to, you can still get a ticket. However, if you shot a guy from your deer stand in a deer costume in the first few minutes of shooting light, you likely won't be charged or convicted because you didn't have intent.

Of course you don't have intent to, "break the law." You only have to have intent to do the action. Ignorance of the law is not a defense.

Comment

Originally posted by donpablo View Post
                              There are two different types of law in the US. Ones that require a mens rea (intent) and the ones that don't. The ones that don't are almost exclusively traffic laws. If you are speeding because you didn't see the speed limit change and didn't mean to, you can still get a ticket. However, if you shot a guy from your deer stand in a deer costume in the first few minutes of shooting light, you likely won't be charged or convicted because you didn't have intent.

Of course you don't have intent to, "break the law." You only have to have intent to do the action. Ignorance of the law is not a defense.
                              Doesnt intent have to due with the degree in which you broke the law and not the law itself.
                              its against the law to kill someone..
                              if you intended to do it, first degree.
                              didnt intend to do it, lesser degrees...
                              but you still broke the law...and there are applicable charges and punishment for it.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                                Doesnt intent have to due with the degree in which you broke the law and not the law itself.
                                its against the law to kill someone..
                                if you intended to do it, first degree.
                                didnt intend to do it, lesser degrees...
                                but you still broke the law...and there are applicable charges and punishment for it.
                                Cops kill innocent ppl all the time which is against the law but the INTENT of the officer let's them go home without repercussion

Comment

Working...
                                X