Falfurrias Hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Falfurrias Hunting

I had a chance to hunt SW of Falfurrias this past deer season. I took a nice 6 pointer. Anyone else in this forum been hunting Brooks County? What has been your experience seeing big deer?

We hunted falfurrias for a couple of years. A lot of really nice deer, but think we saw more illegals than deer.

Comment

Hunted there a few years ago, some god deer lots of hogs and illegals.

Comment

I hear that there are many illegals. Seems that hwy. 281 is a natural corridor for them.

Comment

The Fal checkpoint (about 10 miles south of Fal more or less) has the most consistent & largest annual apprehension of illegals & narcotics every year...they are in the process of building a new facility & looks like it will be a a dandy!!

The big deer aspect really falls in-line with any other in the terms of what practices the previous hunters had in place & the same directly tied to your neighbor's practices. Brooks is no different than other deep south tx counties & is capable of great deer.

The area around the point is a neat transition in terms of the brush...if you are driving south & pass the checkpoint when coming into the Encino area, the thick amount of oak trees start to diminish into mostly all mesquites. Usually plenty of turkey in the area as well.

Comment

My dad and I have a place in Falfurrias. It’s a small cabin on 10 acres. We are looking for somewhere for a weekend bowhunt in the area. Any body got contacts or know somebody?

Comment

Working...
            X