Hunt Suggestions??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunt Suggestions??

I originally posted this in Around the Campfire and only got a few replies. It probably should have been here to start but hopefully I'll get more suggestions here.

My girlfriend's birthday is late February and I'm thinking about a possible hunt for her at that time. I'm thinking axis doe, pig and/or quail hunting. If they aren't all 3 possible than any 2 of the 3. With our work schedule it would probably be a get there Friday night, hunt all day Saturday, hunt Sunday morning and leave weekend. I would be looking for at least hunting and lodging but preferably "all inclusive". We are in Austin so driving could be a factor (maybe 2-3 hours of Austin). Minus the quail, this would be bow hunting.

So my questions are, where would you go for this in late Feb, how much am I looking at (I may not hunt or only hunt pigs/quail) and is it too late to book a hunt of this nature? More than likely it would be the weekend of Feb 25 201.

Thanks in advance. Other reasonable hunt recommendations would also be appreciated if I'm missing something.

Check out Bar J. Good Axis and pig populations. Pricing is on their website. Not too far of a drive for you either.

Comment

I may be too far away but your wife would love the accommodations and meals.
      The hunting is pretty good also

bigoakbowhunting.com is your source for bow hunting tips, tactics, and techniques. Learn from the pros how to bag that buck with a bow!

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post

www.bigoakbowhunting.com
        Your place looks really nice but 5 hours may be a little too far. I may be in touch if it isn't though. Thanks for the suggestion.

Comment

Buffs place is worth the drive. Great place!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

BRUSHY HILL RANCH. Went on my first archery hunt their last week. Awesome people, great place.

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post

www.bigoakbowhunting.com
              I don't think you would be disappointed

Comment

Timberlake Bowhunting Ranch is a great place and not far from where you are. It's located in D'hanis. Tons of animals, good pricing, and great people. All the places I'm sure are great, but this is the only place I have experience with.

Comment

Timberlake ranch
                  I killed my axis buck there but saw a lot of axis does while on stand. Plenty of hogs as well. Timberlake family are really nice as well.

Comment

Working...
                  X