Quitting the Can

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quitting the Can

My best friend called last night and said he has decided to quit dipping. My buddy tried quitting out right but that isn't working. Anyone know if any of these coffee dips are any good? He was asking me about them but I have no clue. I am going to ship some to his front door but don't want to get him crap. He has dipped a can and a half a day since we were 16. I am praying for my buddy, I know this is going to be tough for him.

Good luck to him, I quit 3.5 years ago on my son’s 7th birthday. I did it cold turkey with lots of hard candy. Sure glad I quit.

Comment

That's awesome! Good luck to him.

I don't know if those coffee dips help at all with tobacco cravings but they do taste good!

Comment

Smokey Mountain has a non tabacco snuff at Walmart or online.

Comment

I enjoyed the coffee stuff
          Smokey mountain works but taste like poo if you buy the black can.
          In the past i quit with the patch for a year.'
          This time, been almost a year and i pretty much prayed at church one morning and have not touched it since

Comment

I'm 3 months removed. Chewed a tonnnn of gum for the first month. Don't miss it a bit after probably 10 years of 1/2 can a day.

Comment

Quit cold turkey 27yrs ago. Was tough but is the only way to truly quit. Any other way is a waste of time and money and just a crutch to lean on. Of your buddy's gonna quit tell him to think of all the reasons to quit of which there are many. Health be in the main one not to mention the cost. In terms of cost just think how much he's spending on a nasty expensive habit versus all the money he could spend on hunting and fishing gear. Also spend it on car payments groceries etc. etc. Wait till one of the kids wants something and he says we can't afford it and his kid says yeah but you can afford that **** cap you keep putting in your mouth. Will make him think I guarantee it. Hope he makes it. He can do it. Just gotta make up his mind and quit. Just a mind set is all

Comment

Wish I never started, but I don't have the "want" to quit, I enjoy it. Good luck to your buddy!

Comment

If you’re going to quit then just quit. Smokey mountain and all this other ‘substitute’ stuff doesn’t have nicotine in it so it doesn’t do anything. You’re hooked on the nicotine, not the granules between your cheek and gums.

At least the Smokey mountain didn’t do anything for me. It tasted nasty too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 7sdad View Post
                    Smokey Mountain has a non tabacco snuff at Walmart or online.
                    smokey mountain worked really well for my dad. had dipped for 30 years and quit pretty quick with that. He still dips the smokey mountain, been a few years, he just cant kick the feeling of having a dip in.

Comment

Get off that crap now. I dipped for 40 years and finally quit cold turkey. Thought I had been lucky, but 2 years after I quit, I got cancer. Went to M D Anderson a had surgery and did 35 rounds of radiation. I’ve been cancer free for the last year and I Thank God everyday for it. I promise you the best dip you have ever had is not worth the pain, heartache, and sadness you will see in your families eyes. Just take that can out of your pocket and throw it in the trash and say, I quit.

Comment

May seem cheesy, but you have to change your mindset, and this video and his book will help do it it. It's based on smoking, but can be applied to dipping. Expect to eat a little more and probably drink a lot of coffee or energy drinks to try and replace the stimulant effect. Cold Turkey is the only way to go. Read the book first.
                        [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TL2Vh7goJc"]Quit Smoking Advice - Allen Carr - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Chantix reduced my cravings by about 60%. I could not have done it without it. Tried many times. Been 6+ years Copenhagen free now after about 30 years.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Or Chantix or Bupropion if you want to use a drug, but these drugs mess with your brain chemistry.

Comment

A word of warning. I quit dipping a couple of years ago after several decades of indulging in that nasty habit. My mistake was, instead of sucking it up and going cold turkey I thought I would ease off by using nicotine gum. I have not dipped since but I am still chewing nicotine gum and I use those new tobacco-free nicotine pouches. (Zin, On!) No cancer risk with those but I am still addicted to nicotine. It would have been better to go cold turkey and get it over with.

Comment

Working...
                              X