2011 Polaris Ranger Diesel Tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2011 Polaris Ranger Diesel Tires

Im needing some new tires and im curious how big I can go with stock suspension, no lift? My buddy said 28's shouldnt rub, and that I could run 11" wide tires all the way around with no problem. Anybody done this?

Also, what tires do yall suggest? Im looking at Essex Surefoot or Essex T-Hawk. Both are kevlar tires which should hold up to the hill country rocks and thorns pretty well.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I recently bought a set of Sedona Rock-a-Billy tires and they have been great in the rocks and no punctures so far.

Designed specifically for today’s performance UTV’s and ATV’s. The Sedona Rock-A-Billy radial tire has been proven as a true performance race tire at the 2016 UTV Terracross Championships. It is also a top pick for upgrading from your stock UTV/ATV tires.

I don't think you can run 28's on the front without forward A arms.

Comment

Those are some good looking tires.

If thats right about the a-arms, thats good to know. I wamt to go as big as possible without any extra mods.

Comment

see my just now posted UTV tires

Comment

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post
          Im needing some new tires and im curious how big I can go with stock suspension, no lift? My buddy said 28's shouldnt rub, and that I could run 11" wide tires all the way around with no problem. Anybody done this?

Also, what tires do yall suggest? Im looking at Essex Surefoot or Essex T-Hawk. Both are kevlar tires which should hold up to the hill country rocks and thorns pretty well.

Who told you that? I had 28's on that last mule. They rubbed even with a lift. I doubt you can run those without a lift. I think the rtv we're running now has 26's or 7's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dushon View Post
            Who told you that? I had 28's on that last mule. They rubbed even with a lift. I doubt you can run those without a lift. I think the rtv we're running now has 26's or 7's

A guy at work thats pretty big into em. He customizes them all the time. I dont know if they will work or not. Right now it has 26's, but I want more clearance. If I have to put a 2" lift I will, but I dont want if I can get by without it.

Comment

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post
              A guy at work thats pretty big into em. He customizes them all the time. I dont know if they will work or not. Right now it has 26's, but I want more clearance. If I have to put a 2" lift I will, but I dont want if I can get by without it.

10-4. Try it without and see. Might save a buck

Comment

Originally posted by Dushon View Post
                10-4. Try it without and see. Might save a buck

Im going to if I get a good deal on wheels. I have 12" wheels now, and hardly anybody makes a 28" tire for 12" wheels. Biggest is 27's. Which im cool with if I dont find a good deal. My buddy is friends with a guy that runs an atv shop and is seeing if he has some takeoffs for a good price.

Comment

And if I do end up buying wheels, I am going to look into those bfgoodrich mud tires that Kuma started a thread about. Pretty good idea really. Going with truck tires really opens up your options.

Comment

Anybody else with insight on running 28's up front on factory suspension or a recommendation on tires for the hill country?

Comment

Personally, I’d run 27”tires and play it safe from rubbing. If you really want 28s, get a suspension lift for the added clearance.

As for the street tire on utv, would be great to drive around pavement roads. But when I need a true off-road tire, nothing will beat a tractor treaded 10 ply tire.

Comment

I have a 2011 gas ranger and i had to get a lift bracket made to fit 27” tires. I tried getting by without the lift, but the tires rubbed way to much when turning. 26” tites are your limit on the stock setup from my experience.

Comment

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
                          Personally, I’d run 27”tires and play it safe from rubbing. If you really want 28s, get a suspension lift for the added clearance.

As for the street tire on utv, would be great to drive around pavement roads. But when I need a true off-road tire, nothing will beat a tractor treaded 10 ply tire.
                          What do you mean when you say tractor treaded? Like an aggressive utv tire? And where did you find a 10 ply? 8 ply is about the best ive seen with any selection that is.

Originally posted by texas shag View Post
                          I have a 2011 gas ranger and i had to get a lift bracket made to fit 27” tires. I tried getting by without the lift, but the tires rubbed way to much when turning. 26” tites are your limit on the stock setup from my experience.
                          Good to know. The body lift is only $175, if I need to I will just put it on. Because when we go to Camp Wood there are some really big rocks. My 26's cause me to bottom out a few times this year. I dont want to do that again.

Comment

I put some Kanati Mongrels on my Ranger EV. They have been great in all types of terrain and are a 10 ply.

Comment

Sorry, meant to say tractor style tread (589 style).

Also put multiseal in utv tires, stuff works awesome!

QUOTE=BURTONboy;13157151]What do you mean when you say tractor treaded? Like an aggressive utv tire? And where did you find a 10 ply? 8 ply is about the best ive seen with any selection that is.

Good to know. The body lift is only $175, if I need to I will just put it on. Because when we go to Camp Wood there are some really big rocks. My 26's cause me to bottom out a few times this year. I dont want to do that again.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Comment

Working...
                              X