X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some counties are fence in some are fence out

Comment

Originally posted by shooter2007 View Post
      I don’t think it’s against the law to kill a dog if it’s killing your livestock.

It actually is against the law, but the subsection of the statute I listed gives a defense to prosecution.

Same as killing another human, its illegal but extenuating circumstances make it justified.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
        What did the neighbors say when you addressed the killed chickens with them?
        They just said the that they were sorry this happened. I truly believe they were, but there dogs continue to run wild and this continues . I forgot to mention that I live in the country, it not in a neighborhood.

Comment

Dad went through this with goats. Yes it is legal if caught killing your livestock ON YOUR PROPERTY. Dad killed two of neighbors dogs. Neighbor got fined, had to pay dad restitution , and was forced to get rid of third dog or have it put down.

I would document and report it to have proof just in case
          Last edited by BrandonA; 12-04-2017, 05:36 PM.

Comment

Talk to neighbors, call animal control, take care of it yourself. In that order too. Depends on where you live, setup some snares on your fence for "coyotes".

Comment

Originally posted by Fargus View Post
              Fence in/fence out doesn't apply when you are protecting your property.
              100% incorrect.

Comment

Did you ask them to pay for the loss of your chickens?

Comment

I've shot dogs for chasing cattle. Called the sheriff to ask them to come handle it and they told me to shoot em.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                    Did you ask them to pay for the loss of your chickens?
                    I didnt, but I was hoping it would stop. They are a young couple that are just getting started. In my opinion they don't even need a dog right now, much less 2.

Comment

Friend of mine got em on trailcam to show the neighbors when they denied it. Sheriff said protect your chickens. Shotgun first to see if they'd come back....they did....they dead. He even had a neighbors dog on HIS front porch growling at his small daughter! There's a perfect 3-pronged cut thru his screen door now. Dog never came back.
                      Once you've given the neighbor a warning, it's time to send bills for chickens and tap out some dogs. Once they get blood in their mouth, they'll keep on joy killin'. Choot 'em!

Comment

Same thing happened to my dad. Lived in the country. Neighbors dog killed some of chickens. Told neighbor about it and he said " if dog is on your property killin your chickens, he's your dog and what u do with it is YOUR BUSINESS." They are trespassing and killin your livestock. CHOOT EM!!! WILL B LEGAL

Comment

You tie a dead chicken around the dogs neck. After about 5 days of a dead chicken around their neck they will never go back after a chicken again. That's what my uncle use to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Hunter View Post
                            You tie a dead chicken around the dogs neck. After about 5 days of a dead chicken around their neck they will never go back after a chicken again. That's what my uncle use to do.
                            I've heard this works as well.

Comment

SSS takes care of my problems

Comment

S s s

Comment

Working...
                                X