cant believe this happened

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well i was exiting off of i-10 like i do and see this exploer jerking to a stop multiple times. I giess he was brake checking the individual. Well i am at a stop due to stoplight and i see him get out and then get back in his car as the other car is going around he reaches for a gun raises it as the car goes past and then at me because i was watching everything going on. I was in my big rig and couldnt carry. Because federal offense. Man that is really bothering me. Whats a good way to handle this

Observe and report. Once you see the erratic driving call it in with license plate.

Comment

Grab LP # and contact 911. It's deadly conduct among other things.

Comment

Wow glad nobody was hurt. What an idiot. Hopefully he won't continue to do such before he does something stupid, or has someone that changes him mind for him.

Comment

CDL drivers can carry a firearm in Texas in their trucks.

Comment

If he were in front of you pointing a gun, could you legally run him over? Hypothetically

Seems like you should be allowed to.

Glad everybody is ok.

Comment

Originally posted by quackaholic1 View Post
              CDL drivers can carry a firearm in Texas in their trucks.
              x2

Comment

I remember a similar story in San Antonio written on here a year or so ago. That's crazy and glad you are safe.

Comment

Yea im glad. As far as i know u cant bevause u pull on to fed property every time u go across weogh scales and i drive between tex and la

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkles View Post
                    If he were in front of you pointing a gun, could you legally run him over? Hypothetically

Seems like you should be allowed to.

Glad everybody is ok.
                    Sec. 9.32. DEADLY FORCE IN DEFENSE OF PERSON.

(a) A person is justified in using deadly force against another if the actor (you) would be justified in using force against the other under (self defense) and when and to the degree the actor reasonably believes the deadly force is immediately necessary to protect the actor against the other's use or attempted use of unlawful deadly force;

Do you think your hypothetical situation fits that part of the law?

Do you think a jury will see your side of the story as they are the determiners of "reasonably believes deadly force is immediately necessary" if you are indicted? Of course the DA or grand jury can make such a decision of lawful self defense based on the investigation and it will never get to a trial.

If the answer to both questions is "yes", you are good to go. The means of deadly force used to protect yourself is not the issue. Shoot, stab, run over, choke, hit with a brick, poke his eyes out with your fingers.......... the circumstances and reasonableness are what determines if self defense is legal.

In my opinion.

Comment

Oh yeah, if I am in my car and a guy is in front of me and pointing a gun at me, he is likely to end up looking like a love bug on a windshield.

Comment

Originally posted by kae006 View Post
                        Grab LP # and contact 911. It's deadly conduct among other things.
                        I would have done the same.

Comment

Hit your gas call 911.

Comment

Tjats what i did and made a report

Comment

Working...
                            X